What would you do?

Page 1 of 4
My neighbor came over to ask me, if I could be a little more quiet when I come home. Apparently, he doesn't like the sound of my vehicle coming up the drive, or the garage door opening and closing. I get home about 3 in the morning, I drive a car with a quiet muffler, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with my garage door!
This coming from a guy with a stack of lawnmowers in his back yard, tarps all over the place, plywood laying around. Basically, he has a dump! I know one of the neighbors called the city on him.
Besides holding myself back from punching this idiot in the face, I'm about to join the rest of the neighbors, in an effort to run this jerk out of town.
What would you do?

Tell him to mind his own business or wear earplugs...

The neighborhood nanny who called the city is an asshole. It's his property and if you don't like seeing it stop looking at it or BUY it...

Go ahead and punch him...He will then OWN your house or come back and shoot you...

Mind my own business....

Agreed.
Disagree. The biggest problem arising from a neighbors cluttered yard is rats and other rodents/pests, whish will harbor into other yards. Therefore, IT IS the business of the neighbors to take action before these vermints start damaging their homes. Another problem arising is decreasing property/home value. One home as well as surrounding homes have an impact on a home for sale.

How can he mind his own business when you already told him to tell the neighbor to wear earplugs or mind his own business?
If I had to look at the yard everyday, I would join the others, call the city and have him clean it. You can also tell him when he cleans his yard and keeps it that way or puts up a privacy fence, then you will oil your garage door and buy him some earplugs.

I'd suggest the disturbed neighbor buy one of those white noise generators that mask common noises. Sharper Image or other similar companies sell them.
Or just tune a bedside radio to a blank AM station for white noise,set the volume to a low level that lets him sleep,and masks the outside noise. Then he doesn't need earplugs.(and will be able to hear smoke alarms,ringing phones,the morning wake-up alarm...)
If he doesn't like that;well,it's his problem. There's not much else he can do about it.
small waterfalls also make a soothing,irritant-masking low-level noise,and add a nice touch to one's property.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote in message ...speaking of complaining neighbors and noise

generators
noise,set the

noise.
I use a fan and a white noise machine. I live very close to a Walgreen's, and they mask the noise very well. The only real problem I can see, is that I would never hear someone breaking into my home, however I do have a large dog inside. :-)
Cheri

Try and be a little more quiet.

I'll second that. You are talking about 3 AM.

How can he be anymore quiet with a stock exhaust and garage door?
SBH wrote:

Park down the block.
Jeeze! Why do I have to think of everything?

Because you're such a smart ass :-)
Red Green wrote:

I offered that solution in case the resident is more concerned with the happiness of his neighbor than his own convenience.
But should the emphasis be reversed - - -
"BUCHAREST, Romania - Romanian media say a man was rearing a lion in his back garden until neighbors decided they had heard enough roaring and called police."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080416/ap_on_fe_st/odd_romania_lion_in_garden
HeyBub wrote:

Which reminds me of something I've heard enough times recently to believe.
That there are about two to three times as many "pet" tigers (about 12,000 total) in the USA than remain in the wild worldwide.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger#As_pets
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

did you see the recent TV video of the cougar roaming the streets in north Chicago? Police had to shoot it.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Yes, and did you see the brief interview with the idiot from the Humane Society, describing cougars as "meek, gentle, timid" creatures? She claimed that there hasn't been a case of a cougar attacking a human in "over a hundred years".
What a moron.
--
Regards,
On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 16:51:08 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

yep.
The Police Chief (??) was right, Had someone been injured; and the police had not shot the animal, the city would be sued!

I'd like to have one...or at least rent it. Got all these bad-asses around here in NC city with pitt bulls they've made miserable. Like to walk streets with em playing "Look at me.I'm bad.". Make a funny bark with head sliced up like ham steaks.
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Heh! There's a lot of truth to the notion that God created kitty-cats so man could pet the tiger.
What would Jesus do?
Give to the poor, walk on water, and feed the masses with loaves and fishes. No home repairs needed. All done, outdoors.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus