What would happen if I just bypassed this garden water check valve?

Jumping in late but just so you know...

Plumbers are odd folks compared to carpenters. A carpenter wants to know how big a hole to drill for the pipe to fit through. The plumber measures the inside diameter to know how much water he can get to flow through it.

I've had many a weekend warrior insist the 1/2" pipe he has in his hand is really 3/4" and he is right as far as the size hole he needs to drill in the joist but not as far as what should be on the label of the fittings he needs. Let's face it, all the labels in my and every other store can not be wrong so the way you look at it needs to be adjusted.

Reply to
Krazy Old Man

I've also had instances of them wondering why a 1/2" socket doesn't fit the ir 1/2" bolt. Best one was my neighbor who was building a two story additi on. Stopped by and asked if it would rip several 1X4 in half to use as win dow casings. I did as asked. He showed back up complaining they were too narrow. I suspect he didn't believe my explanation that a 1x4 is only aobut 3 1/2" wide - bet he checked hat the lumber yard :).

Of course he was a 'country boy' but scoffed when I told him he needed to f ence off that row of young trees he had just planted as his cows would eat them if he didn't. He didn't and they did :).

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K