What would be the best way to find out the value of a slate pool table?

When I went to buy a table for the new rec room, I started with craigs list. I found some nice slate tables for a few hundred dollars. Then I called a professional pool table mover and got a quote. They separate the pieces, transport it, set it up and level it. New felt is required and new bumpers might be necessary. That cost more than the table in many cases.
We popped into a local store to look, it just happened to be "black Friday weekend". The deal they gave me on a brand new slate table with balls & sticks was not much different.
Bottom line, a used table isn't worth much unless it's in great shape and someone is willing to move it.