What works as well as DOW scrubbing bubbles, but doesn't clog?

What works as well as DOW scrubbing bubbles, but doesn't clog?

This is my second big can of Dow scrubbing bubbles bathtub cleaner that has clogged when almost full.

I'm not crazy about the smell and I don't always use it to clean the bathtub.

But it does work, without scratching my enamel tub. Is there another good cleaner that works easily that woun't clog like this does.

Or is there a good way to unclog this. I'm pretty sure I tried hard with the last can, but I'm willing to try again, especially if you have a suggestion. It will dribble a little out of the tube, with the nozzle removed, but so far it doesnt' shoot like I'd expect. I can soak the nozzle and I save old good nozzles in the basement.

Reply to
mm

Just email or call Dow's customer service and tell them what happened. They will surely send you a few coupons for free cans. Then buy some at a different store where they have a faster turnover. Personally I store most spray cans upside down, especially spray paint. Shake them well and they hardly ever clog.

Reply to
Tony Miklos

for what problem?

i just tried someting called ka-boom i got at home depot. no phosphorous was on the lable, so no phosphoric acid, but it sure did work well on both soap scum and hard water deposits. spray on, let it sit for a couple of minutes, and scrub lightly with a brush.

Reply to
chaniarts

Get the plastic jugs that you have to squeeze the trigger on, instead. They don't foam up as dramatically as the spray cans, but after sitting ten minutes, they work just as well. I've had trouble with the spray cans as well. Have you tried spraying upside down to clear the nozzle before putting back on the shelf? I suspect crap in the pipe allows the cans to leak down. Maybe they should put a schrader valve on them to top off the pressure.

Reply to
aemeijers

With spray cans that have a tube, or I can fit one on it, I hook up "air in a can" to the can without enough pressure. It's a bit tricky with one person but they connect together with the tube and have the canned air upside down, then press both spray buttons. New life to a dead can! (I haven't had one explode yet)

Reply to
Tony Miklos

Wow. Don't you need two holes in the nozzle of the dying can?

Reply to
mm

I have Ka-boom for toilets I was disappointed that there wasn't more of an eruption. I'll try the prudct for toilets.

And I may write SCJohnson, which I just read owns scrubbing bubbles, and was the one who changed its name from "bathroom cleaner" to "scrubbing bubbles".

Thanks all, for th esuggestions.

Reply to
mm

No, you put the "air" in through the out hole, which also unclogs it at the same time. OK I thought about your question again, by any chance were you thinking that I use the spray can at the same time I'm adding air? Add air first, then spray.

Reply to
Tony Miklos

Yes, I was.

So why does the canned air have to be upside down? Isn't it nomrally used right-side up, so why is this different?

I have a can of air in the basemment, for one of those touch-up spraay painters. Maybe I can reverse flush my bubbles like I did my car's heater. If it's too hard to push through, I guess I won't waste any air.

Thganks.

Reply to
mm

Upside down will push the air in it's liquid form so you transfer many times more air. Just like with A/C units adding freon, sometimes they add it as a gas and sometimes as a liquid. And for extra credit I'll mention that an upside down can of air works darn near as good as freeze spray.

If you do it your first try by yourself without loosing any air I'll be impressed. Due to the pressure you have to also be pushing the tube into the spray heads or the pressure will pop it out. I've never had anyone help me but it would have to be a lot easier.

I wouldn't have paid for canned air but the company that makes or distributes it called me one day and gave me a deal on a case. I forget the price but it was cheap. I asked the woman if it comes out as a cold boiling liquid if held upside down and she said yes. The only reason she knew is because it has a frost bite warning. I bought it to use as freeze spray for electronics.

Reply to
Tony Miklos

Muriatic acid is superb for cleaning tubs.

Reply to
HeyBub

???? I can't believe this thread!

What's wrong with using a sponge and non-scratch cleanser? Plenty on the market.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Thanks.

I was just saying I owuldn't lose air if I the current can is too clogged to get air in, but your'e right, I'll probably still lose some.

I have a can of freeze spray for electronics, which I've never done more than as a part=time hobby, but in the year after I bought it, I didn't need it and since then I don't spend much time on little electronic parts. I don't use the hair dryer either to heat them up, and I bought a heat gun, mostly I guess to heat floor tiles, take out the cracked ones and replace them with good ones from inside the closet under boxes.

Reply to
mm

I have a cannister of Bon-Ami, but I'm not convinced it doesn't make microscopic scratches. And this is easier anyhow. Sometimes all I need is a wet rag, but that gets too much after a while.

You have a point though, because I don't like those fumes. Even turning the fan on only means they're weaker.

Reply to
mm