What Wood

I've just refinished what I thought was a cherry table. The top has two 14" pieces with typical cherry looking colors, only it has a 6" green looking band running through it. The legs,after sanding revealed this same green color. Is this typical of old cherry, table is around 60 or more years old. Thanks for info.

You probably have tulip-poplar with RBS on it. Cherry is known to show some green in the quarter figure, but it fades to red pretty fades on exposure to sunlight.

First, this is not typical of cherry furniture. Pieces with off colors probably would have been discarded or used somewhere less visible.
You don't say what the original finish is. Poplar is known for the green streaks, so its mainly used in painted furniture. There are more woods than you can imagine, and 60 years ago there were a lot more local manufacturers who used locally grown woods, so it could be something other than poplar, but it would be my first guess.

Sometimes the sapwood is dyed to match the rest of hte heart wood. Refinishing it may have taken that off. You can post a photo to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking to get some better opinions.