what were those little electrical switches called?

They were little 1" x 3/4" (approximately) switches that you slipped into a metal bracket and used a small blade screwdriver to bend a retaining tab into the frame of the switch. I have one wall outlet, with 3 of those little switches. don't think they are made anymore and it would be a pain to change them out to newer.
But...reason I'm searching is I need a brass switch plate to cover them. the standard 4.5" x 2.75" plate with those 3 little holes. The plate would be mounted horizontally, the 3 switches would be vertical.
I've searched the fancy cover plate sites with no joy.
All the covers in the house are shiny brass except for this old cheap plastic cover that customer wants to replace.

He\'s got a magnet!!! Everybody BACKUP!!!!!!!!

They were called "Despard" they are still available. WW

They're called "Despard" switches, and they are still made. As far as I know, Menards is the only one of the major home center stores to carry them. You might try at Ace or TrueValue hardware stores, or search online.
--
Regards,
They were and still are called Menard switches. http://www.ilc-usa.com/depardMCS.html

Menard switches ????? You're joking !!! Unless you buy them at Menards, right? They are not called that on the web link you posted.

LOL - My keyboard read my mind wrong.
On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:14:38 -0600, "FireBrick"

Now you can get a "Decora" unit with 3 switches in a single yoke.
On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 23:28:12 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

That's what I did when I had some of those little switches that I needed to replace. I found them at the local Lowe's. You can get either a double or a triple switch. These are one piece with one terminal common for all switches.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

They were called "despard" switches. They are still manufactured and available. Google gives 600 hits for     despard switch
On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 04:05:20 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:40:41 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I should have added that there are switches and pilot lights and other devices that fin any three per gang.
Googling for despard brass plate gives 810 hits including the only (Amazon.com product link shortened)"8013 which is a solid brass plate. This is the only link I followed, but I am sure there are other sources too.

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:48:20 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I've found that adding shipping to the google is a good way to find pages that sell things.
Thank you once I found out they were called Despard Switches, I found a vendor of the proper plates online.