What was this power drill attachment called?

I have some abrasive cylinders left from a Black and Decker power tool attachment that died (bearing failed). It is no longer made, and I cannot remember what it was called.

It had a long spindle with a handle at the far end (with a bearing) by which one could hold the thing steady. The abrasive cylinder was held in place by an internal rubber sleeve that expanded radially as it was compressed laterally.

Anybody remember this thing and know what it was called? Yes, I've Googled everything I can think of, but without success.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Sounds like a hand held drum sander.

DerbyDad03

Haven't found it, but I did find this:

Turn your drill press into a lathe.

As for what you're looking for, I found this:

Which came from here:

Is that sort-of what you're looking for?

Reply to
Home Guy

Sounds like a hand held drum sander.

DerbyDad03

Aha! The word "drum" hadn't occurred to me. Thanks.

It would be much closer to that than to what B&D now shows as "drum sanders," e.g.:

Mine are 6" x 1.5"

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Got a photo????

Reply to
hrhofmann

I think the key term is "hand held".

There are also full-sized drum sanders.

Do a Google Image search on Hand Held Drum Sanders and then do another search on just Drum Sanders.

Big difference!

Reply to
DerbyDad03