What type of hinge is this?

What type of hinge is shown in this photograph?
http://www.langille.org/hinge.jpg
I want to get more similar to that.. The shops I have tried haven't seen it before. If I know the name, that would be a starting point.
Thanks.
--
Dan Langille
http://www.bsdcan.org/ - The Technical BSD Conference - Ottawa May 2004
Dan Langille wrote:

Can't help you with what it's called, was it me I'd have them custom-built, but that's a cool hinge. Am I right in thinking that the fixed half has a slot (probably L shaped) instead of a round hole for the pin?
--Goedjn

Yes, sort of. It is similar to how a roller blind works, in terms of how you insert the window into the hinges. The side shown in the photograph goes in first, then the other side just slides in.
--
Dan Langille
The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org /
message wrote:

It is an old awning window hinge, not sure that is the market-place name. Common in construction in the 1920's.
Not sure you are going to find it.
Do you need to replace or did you have another use for some of them?
Colbyt

Interesting. I'm quite sure the house is less than 40 years old.

We need to replace. When we moved in, the window was nailed shut. One half of one hinge is missing, which mean the window can't open, without falling to the floor. Part of the problem is space around the window is limited.
--
Dan Langille
The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org /

You just need one hinge? Email me a measured drawing and I'll see if I can whack one out for you. Put [Hinge] in the subject line.
-- snipped-for-privacy@Goedjn.com
"> > It is an old awning window hinge, not sure that is the market-placename.

Just in case you had not figure this out, you can use a standard butt hinge on each side of the window at the top. Based on your picture you will have to carve a section of the crown molding above the window. A screen door hook attached to the window and the receiver eyebolt attached to a joist above will hold it open when you need it to be so.
I am amazed at the fact your house is only 40 years old and had these hinges.
Colbyt
Colbyt wrote:

built 20 years ago. The hinges and latch plate are both on the top and bottom of the casing and allow the window to be taken out and flipped to either swing open from the top (awning) or bottom (hopper) without using any tools. Anderson still sells them with these hinges. http://www.andersenwindows.com/UEBinary/0299901.pdf .

I had a look at the PDF. It didn't contain any details on the hinges.
What product do you have? And they contain this hinge?
http://www.langille.org/hinge.jpg
Thank you.
--
Dan Langille
The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org /
Dan Langille wrote:

are mortised and screwed to the sides of the window and frame. http://www.willshak.com/temp /
message

try www.usindustrialfasteners.com
Their web page is all PDF's and not really inter-reactive. They are less than 10 miles away from my home an I go there frequently when I am doing projects.

Yes, all PDFs makes it easier for them, harder for us. :)
I had a look through. On DSL it took a while to download. I can imagine how horrific it might be for those on dial up. I gave up after a few downloads and emailed them the URL to the picture.
Thank you.
--
Dan Langille
The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org /
wwhardware.com MIGHT have something.
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:38:56 -0400, Dan Langille

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:38:56 -0400, Dan Langille

They got back to me and said they have nothing like it.
--
Dan Langille
The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org /
Looks like your standard builders model basement window hinge.
Dan Langille wrote:

Oh, that might explain why I can't find it in hardware stores.