What type of countertop do I have?

Hi,

I have been renting a home for the past two years and have been wondering what type of countertop I have. It looks like it was poured. The countertop and floor are the same. This house is in Pa. I do not believe it is terrazo as I lived in south florida for 14 years and had terrazo floors down there.

Any ideas????

Butch snipped-for-privacy@atlanticbb.net

Reply to
Butch Hinton

I can't answer your question sorry, but I have a countertop question too and figure who ever reads your question will know my answer too. Thanks for letting me piggyback..

I recently read that the best and cheapest countertop is a "composite". Agree? What is "composite"? Is it poured as in the question above?

TIA

with aloha, Thunder smithfarms.com Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

Reply to
smithfarms pure kona

i can't see it from here. can you hold the monitor up to the counter?

it might be concrete.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

composite what? that just means it's a mixture of different materials, and doesn't describe what the materials are.

pressed board is a composite, but they don't make countertops totally out of that. that would be cheap, but not the best.

various products like silestone etc are plastic and some sort of minerals. they're also a composite. that would not be cheap, and imho, not the best.

granite is a composite (different minerals smooshed together). that would not be cheap.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Only one, given your exceedingly sketchy description...

A number of years ago there was a period of popularity for floors/counters made by pouring a liquid and imbedding colored flakes in it. I don't recall if it was a vinyl or polyurethane or what, been too long ago. If your counter/floor is resilient that might be what it is.

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

If it's thin, then it may be two-part epoxy, which you can find out more about by searching on "poured epoxy floor".

Reply to
default