What Type Of Cedar For Clapboards, etc. ?

Hello:
Live in New England and will be geting a new siding job. Siding will be the typical horizontal clapboard style. Guess Cedar is the de-facto type of wood for this.
What type of quality level is most common in New England ?
Am confused over what the contractors are saying.
Do I want just "clear Cedar" Or Red Cedar ? Or,... ?
What "quality level" should I be specifying ?
Any help on this would be most appreciated. Really don't know much about this kind of thing, and would like to have written into the contract an appropriate type and quality level.
BTW: I looked pretty thoroughly but can't seem to find a cross sectional view of a "water board". The trim piece wood that when used goes below the lowest piece of horiz. clapboard. Anyone know a link for ?
Thanks, Bob
| Hello: | | Live in New England and will be geting a new siding job. | Siding will be the typical horizontal clapboard style. | Guess Cedar is the de-facto type of wood for this. | | What type of quality level is most common in New England ? | | Am confused over what the contractors are saying. | | Do I want just "clear Cedar"
if is going to have a clear coat
http://www.wrcla.org/cedar_products/cedar_siding/bevel/default.htm
| Really don't know much about this kind of thing, and would like to have | written into | the contract an appropriate type and quality level. | | BTW: I looked pretty thoroughly but can't seem to find a cross sectional | view of a "water board".
try looking for a "water table"