What type of caulking to use on Pop up trailer seams? Silicone?

I wanted to reseal the joint on my pop up trailer. What would be the best pick from home depot for caulking? Dap with silicone outdoor or GE silicone window and door caulking? Or is there something better? thanks.
IIRC, outfits that sell to RV trade have something special for that sort of thing. Friend, a ham radio operator, wanted to put some holes to feed coax in his RV. Was able to get something to make a good seal. Liquid/gel that set up. Something more than a simple caulk, though I would think the stuff you use for sealing shower door installations would do the trick.
lbbss wrote:

Hi, Get one from RV shop.

*I have been using GE silicone 2 gutter and flashing caulk lately for electric meters and services. They usually only get one box of it at a time at Home Depot I presume because the shelf life is not too long. It remains pliable and is not paintable. It also does not clean up with water.

How big is this "joint"?
Urethane caulk is used to build rail road box cars, buses and seal auto bodies. It will cost you, but works from the standard caulk tube.

This link should help you decide. http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=21217.0%3Ball
We own a vintage travel trailer business = www.vintagetrailersforsale.com We use an RV sealant or use one of the polyurethane caulks from HD or Lowe's. Both are much better than silicone and they are paintable when they cure and do not attract dust and dirt like silicone.
cm

I love some of those old trailers you have and have sold. Really great designs. What's your favorite teardrop?
There is a special tape for your needs. Much better and reliable than caulk. For the life of me I can't remember the name. (I'm at work and am blocked from searching) Search at an RV site. Be warned though, it is expensive. RV.net had some favorable discussions about it.

hybrid polymer something like this http://doitbest.com/Caulking+for+bathtubs+and+caulking+guns-Red+Devil-model-0956-doitbest-sku-778848.dib
Spud