What Tulsa police say happened

Page 1 of 3
Tulsa Police said they were responding to a call of a vehicle abandoned in the middle of the roadway. In video from officers' dashcams and also from a helicopter, four officers are seen responding as Terence Crutcher, 40, holds his hands up in the air and walks away from officers, toward his stalled vehicle.
Police said Crutcher did not respond to their comments and that one officer used a stun gun on him and another shot him.
In the video taken from the helicopter, a male is heard to say, "That looks like a bad dude, too. He might be on something."
*Crutcher, who was unarmed*, is then seen falling to the ground. He was fatally shot by Tulsa police officer Betty Shelby, who has since been placed on leave.
Police Chief Chuck Jordan, meeting with reporters, assured that justice would be done and said he called in the Justice Department to ask for an investigation.
"I'm going to tell you right now that there was no gun on the suspect or in the suspect's vehicle," Jordan said. "I want to assure our community and I want to assure all of you and people across the nation who are going to be looking at this: we will achieve justice."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/09/21/charlotte-police-shooting-tulsa-man-killed-what-families-say-happened-police-accounts/90775392/
Thu, 22 Sep 2016 06:16:43 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

I don't think it's right/proper/whatever to be able to shoot somebody for 'ignoring' your 'commands' either. Unless they pose a real threat to you or someone else, you don't have the right to gun them down like a rabid dog. In fact, I believe someone else nearby with a firearm should be able to use lethal force on you in defense of the unarmed individual you just shot! And, if the 'partner' engages you as a result, You should be able to defend yourself without getting a capital murder charge x2 on you as a result. I personally don't care if you have a badge, if you try to shoot me, I'm going to shoot back if able.
So long as people are willing to be pushed around by corrupt cops though, this will never happen.

Likely more concerned about riots and ambushes taking place on other officers than he is about 'Justice' being served. Read: covering his departments ass.

Sure you will... Wanna bet Betty sees no prison time for murder?
On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 5:45:05 AM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:

That in fact is the law. There is no evidence yet that this perp was shot for ignoring commands. Until there is an investigation and all the facts are determined, we don't know what happened.
In fact, I believe someone else nearby with a

Here we go, jumping to conclusions. Why can't you just wait for the investigation and for the facts to come out? Already this has gone from the bold headline of "Unarmed pastor shot down by cops in the street", to a guy with a rap sheet for resisting, previous arrest for trying to kill someone, and PCP found in the car. Who knows what else there is.

Yeah, you know what happened. Were you there? How did the Michael Brown incident turn out, once the facts were known? How did those reports in the first days, where he was a poor, innocent black boy just walking home pan out? Why can't you folks learn?

There is a good chance she won't because the facts will probably show that there is no basis for charges. Again, after full investigations into similar incidents, Michael Brown, for example, what happened? The shooting of the black kid in Cleveland? Eric Garner? All those were investigated not only by local and state authorities, but also by the DOJ under Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch.
But then I like most of us here are willing to wait for the investigations into this incident to be concluded. They have barely started, yet here you are, jumping to conclusions with few of the facts.
trader_4 formulated the question :

I've read or heard other speculation that both officers fired their respective weapons at nearly the same time, which bodes well for Betty in this case if it is true. It means that *both* saw a reason to shoot.

On 22/09/2016 16:38, Bod wrote:

> Here's the photo showing that the window was closed with blood running down it:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/09/19/man-fatally-shot-by-tulsa-police-was-unarmed-chief-says-as-disturbing-video-is-released/?utm_term=.cb645c62e4c7
On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 11:59:55 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:

re

.

-shot-by-tulsa-police-was-unarmed-chief-says-as-disturbing-video-is-release d/?utm_term=.cb645c62e4c7
Assuming it is blood. Could it be the seatbelt and the window is open? It seems remarkably consistent in width along it's length and how it appears to go out over the handle. Also, if it's blood, then it's very different from what Muggles has been spewing, which is that he was shot after he was tasered, that he was shot lying on the ground.
Gotta love this from the lawyer:
“If we started to condemn everybody to death who had drugs in their system, all of our neighborhoods would be affected,” he said Tuesd ay"
I don't see anyone condemning everybody to death who has drugs in their system. I only see people raising the issue that PCP was found in the car, which could go a long way to explaining why he left his car in the middle of the street, apparently wasn't cooperating, etc. Also, not a very bright attorney to imply that his dead perp actually had drugs in his system.... I guess the "pastor" defense is out.
On 9/22/2016 11:09 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I was describing what the audio from one of the video's recounted and the order in which the audio mentioned each event.
What I stated was a fact from the video audio.
--
Maggie

On 9/22/16 1:58 PM, Muggles wrote:

You stated what someone saw and interpreted from a distance.
On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 3:00:32 PM UTC-4, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:

+1
She thinks because someone said "I think he was tasered", that somehow establishes the sequence of events and what happened.
On 9/22/2016 2:00 PM, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:

I stated what the video showed.
--
Maggie

On 9/22/2016 12:09 PM, trader_4 wrote:

It doesn't take much to become a "pastor". Many "pastors" do it to evade taxation. I suppose they keep the IRS investigators busy.
On 9/22/16 11:59 AM, Bod wrote:

That is a rather long and wide trail of blood.
Bod has brought this to us :

Deflection I think. I don't see how it matters whether the windows were open or closed.
On 22/09/2016 18:25, FromTheRafters wrote:

> I think that is crucial to the investigation. was Shelby telling the truth or not. She said she shot him because she saw him reaching inside the car window.
Bod has brought this to us :

I still don't think it matters. If that was her perception, she would have to react to that. You won't find many dead cops saying "I thought the window was closed" or "I thought it was a smartphone" or "It looked like it might have been a pellet gun".

> Ok, but another thing that is curious or possibly suspicious, is, why did the helicopter choose to turn right which obscured the view at the time of the shooting instead of moving to the left which would've given a clear view of the incident. Also Shelby's video camera wasn't switched on until just before the shooting, plus why did the police wait a full two minutes before giving first aid etc. Am I being too cynical?
Bod expressed precisely :

Yes.
On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 1:51:32 PM UTC-4, Bod wrote:

Yes, it's all part of a grand conspiracy, the heli pilot was in out it too. They all got up that AM and decided to go kill a black pastor.
Also Shelby's video camera wasn't switched

Yes
On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 1:38:42 PM UTC-4, FromTheRafters wrote:

I don't have all the facts on this either, but I thought she had previously checked out the car to determine if there was anyone in it, etc. In which case she would know if the window was open or closed. The window looks closed from the video, but who knows for sure, it's not a great video. I still don't know what that wide stripe down the car that's some people are saying is blood either. Makes no sense, it's too uniform width. I doubt someone shoots you and you leave that much blood, that uniform, that fast, on your trip to the ground. But then, like you, I don't have to figure it out, because I'm OK with waiting for the investigation.