What to use to paint metal black?

Page 2 of 2

Sharpie ink can be removed with alcohol. End of discussion.
Charlie
The reason no one has answered your direct question is most likely that no one here has ever tried what you want to do. I certainly wouldn't.
I do happen to have a small sign outside written in indelible marker on plastic. I have to redo it every few months because it fades until you can't read it. (It looks bad within weeks, but in this case I don't care.)
On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 09:11:27 -0700 (PDT), Larry The Snake Guy

It might happen to me too. Thanks for the warning. We'll see. (That also means I'll be able to paint it. )
Posting back to tell you all what happens, like someone suggested, is difficult in this group, because there are so many posters and so many posts, and who reads what is posted seems to depend on multiple fators, like time of day, etc.
I used to keep a map on my dashboard, and after 2 or 3 years, all the red streets disappeared entirely. The green streets and black streets seemed fine. Different ink of course.

That's great. Thanks.

When the black paint came off of my louvers underneath was chrome. I used paint stripper to remove the rest of the paint and scuffed and primed the chrome before putting on a new top coat.
Sounds like a few passes with a spray can would fix you up better than a marker would. That said. the marker wouldn't hurt the application of paint latter on.
Jimmie