What to use on exterior Teak furniture?

I don't want to use "plain linseed oil" but something that has some other benefits. I'm looking at Cabot Teak Oil or Cabot Australian Timber Oil. Anyone ever use these products?

They would probably do a good job, but I've never used them. I've had good experience with Penofin oil. www.penofin.com

Boat stores carry Teak cleaners and oil, you want to really clean it first, you have 4 options , let it go gray, clean only , clean and oil and marine varnish, which peels in 3-6 years.
poison snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Not specifically those, no.
What "other benefits" do you have in mind???

The "other benefits" that I am referring to is better UV protection, break down and preventing of green or black mold/algie from growing on it.
Plain old linseed oil does not have these extras.

Boat shop Teak Oil. easy to use no big deal to do once a year, I would stay away from any kind of varnish as mentioned.

Yes definately no varnish on something that sits in the sun!
I use timber oil allot in my shop I like it ! it gives a very nice tone I would say to redo it yearly for best protection

I called a local paint shop and they said Cabot's Austrialian Timber Oil is superior to any of the Teak Oils (including cabot's.) They claim it will last twice as long as Cabot's Teak Oil.
I also looked into Sikkens Teak Oil - $30 a quart!!!

Nope, but I grew up on boats, and spent every summer of my life cleaning and polishing teak. It's one of the reasons I don't own a boat. :)
Go to a boat store and get some marine teak cleaner followed buy a lot of teak oil. It's an easy, albeit tedious process to clean and oil the teak each year, but it's much better to clean it annually (if you don't like the gray, which I don't) than varnish it, imho.
www.boatus.com has a good guide for how to look after your teak. It's oriented around boating purposes, but the information should be applicable.
http://www.boatus.com/boattech/Casey/29.htm
Best wishes,
Donna