what to put in a small toolbox for in the house

I already have bandaids in the house, so I don't need them in the tool box.

Easiest way to keep pictures level: Put in two nails instead of one, an inch or three apart.

Reply to
mm

Jeff Wisnia wrote in news:V5qdnW1grNZEqmLZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@conversent.net:

So that's basically a screwdriver but with a bit instead of a phillips or slotted head? So you use it for drilling pilot holes and such. I have, so far, been able to use the cordless drill to drill every pilot hole I've ever had to make. Haven't had any in tight space yet, I guess.

At Autozone the other day, I saw a cordless drill/driver kit (18V) with a battery/charger for $18. Chinese made. Hell it's probably made at the same factory, using the same basic materials, as my $70 Craftsman cordless drill!

Reply to
grappletech

I've had good results with PB Blaster from Napa.

Oh, WD means "water displacement".

Glad your roll up door got easier to roll. Also glad the rock headed lady got her reward, too.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

if you're really going to do it

I like having 2 pair of channel locks or pliers around (one to hold the thing that the thing you are trying to turn is attatched to)

I use scissors alot

some razor blades come in handy

Reply to
sosessyithurts

Just thought I'd mention that I thought you made a good argument for this, so I bought the one from this link on eBay. Looks like a good idea I'll get a lot of use out of!

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Reply to
jah213

I'm with you - I've actually got a Stanley _and_ a Craftsman. The Stanley just has drill bits; the Craftsman has a couple of screwdriver bits in addition to a smaller set of drill bits. Haven't used them in a while - a beautifully balanced Craftsman 12V cordless drill I bought twelve or so years ago seems to fall more naturally to hand for most things I would've used the push drills for. The drill is on its second set of batteries, but they were available - one of the things Sears is good about.

- Dennis Brothers

(FWIW, I'm N1DB, and my Brass Rat is eleven years newer than yours) (Further, my wife is K1KEB, and her Brass Rat is the same year as mine - there were 47 coeds in our class of about 1,000, and I got one :)

Reply to
Dennis Brothers

Great idea. You always need something you won't think of. That's why you make up a kit.

Here's some of what's in mine:

Screws: 4 sizes of drywall screws. A couple of sizes of finish nails Plastic anchors: 2 sizes, plus the screws and drill bits to use with them. (my tool "bag" has a small plastic organizer that slides into the bottom)

1" putty knife cordless screwdriver Linesman's pliers, wire stripper, outlet tester, wire nuts, ty-raps 2 tiny spring clamps Work gloves Speed square Small channellock pliers. Adjustable wrench. Regular pliers WD-40, tiny can Utility knife Level A few drill bits. Nail set. Pencils, sharpie Alcohol wipes (haven't used these yet) Hammer, 4 screwdrivers, bit handle and multiple screwdriver bits 5" pry bar (much handier than you'd think!) Tape measure. Tiny flashlight

This all fits in a sort of canvas cube, 9" x 9" x maybe 14" high (including the handle). It's the perfect size: not so big that you'll be too lazy to carry it, not so small that it's useless. I keep this in the house, next to one of my cordless drills. It's amazing how much stuff I can do with just those things.

Greg Guarino

Reply to
Greg Guarino