What to do with Wet Carpet in a house?

I'm not sure I understand your point. Do you mean they're opting more to 'repair' instead of 'replace'? I.e., your carpet? While your case seems unfortunate (and unfair, in that a soaked carpet that's been sitting around for a week or so is unlikely to be adequately 'repaired'), there were people around here complaining that their ins. wouldn't pay for a new fence when a couple of boards had been knocked down. Rates are high enough as it is.
wrote

This is Turtle.
A fence can be repaired but wet moled carpet can't be repaired. If the fence has a crack in every board. Replace the whole thing.
TURTLE

As I see it you are paying $12K/yr to get $1K once. Have you thought about self insurance? You would have saved $200K already.
--
free men own guns - slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

This is Turtle.
I have thought about it but i just would not like to take a $120K hit on a house burning down. I could take a hit like that but I just adhear to Murphy's law and keep insurance.
TURTLE