What To Do With My Wooden Deck

drain oil??

the feds must declare your home a super fund site after first evacuating the neighborhood. sadly you will get no compensation for your home. it must be demolished and all materials including your personal possesions sent to special landfill.

Reply to
bob haller

deck is east facing if that matters.

the wood floor is in pretty tough shape. The boards are PT 2x6 and the s urfaces are getting pretty badly splintered. One piece is starting to peel the top layer off. There's no rotting - just very worn top surfaces.

No experience with the Rustoleum restore product either, but I've seen it in the stores. We can't see the deck, but if it's deteriorated to the point that splinters, wood coming off is an issue, I don't see how any stain or paint product is going to solve that. The restore type product is at least a thick, heavy coating. How well it would work, IDK. I guess you could look for videos and/or buy a gallon and try it on some test wood.

Reply to
trader_4

2X6 is the most common decking material around here 5/4 is fence board.
Reply to
clare

Water based is not an issue for outdoor use. The paint on your car is water based if it is less than 10 years old..

As for the looks? That is subjective. Will it last? or peal? I used the Rez product on my deck, and within less than a week I had one spot peel. I scraped that area and primed it with Zinzer primer, and recoated it. It's looking good now. We will see what it does in a year, 2 years, etc. I did go back to the retailer with pictures of the peeled area and got my money back. If it peels I'm still stuck with the clean-up - - - -

Reply to
clare

The linseed oil will support moss and mildew - the deck will be black by spring (at least mine was when I tried it many years ago)

Reply to
clare