what texture pattern for my walls?

I want to texture my walls before painting them something like this:
http://www.muralsfantastic.com/166cec730.jpg
but not quite so red.
any suggestions? links to images would be great.
TIA
Lorenzo il Magnifico wrote:

I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you suggesting that people post links to colors, textures, what? I can suggest things to search for, though: Venetian plaster would be a good start.
Lorenzo il Magnifico wrote:

Suppose you texture your walls...any texture. Now you paint them. You then have textured walls that are all *one* color, not with a variation of color as in the photo. What you want to do to achieve that efffect is to paint with *different* colors. Check Google for "faux paint".
-- dadiOH ____________________________
dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
On 26-Jun-2005, firenze snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Lorenzo il Magnifico) wrote:

looks like a sand wash texture in that pic. there's probably better quality but Behr has a variety of faux texture paints. You can check out their site to get some ideas. I don't know offhand who makes the best quality faux texture paint.
good luck ml
Lorenzo il Magnifico wrote:

Drywall mud... 1. Rent a commercial unit and you can spray drywall mud as light to heavy orange peel which can be knocked down.
2. Rent a hopper and use a small compressor and you can spray light orange peel.
3. Trowel it on and you can use anything you want to create a texture. Even your bare ass.
Texture paint... 1. Sand finish
2. Venetian plaster
3. Plain which can be textured with whatever you want. Even your bare ass.
IOW, WTF is "suitable"?