What temperature can corrugated plastic withstand?

I'm building a smallish incubator, which I want to hold at 100 degrees for several hours and want to know whether corrugated plastic ( aka 'Coroplast' ) can withstand that temp.?

My attempts at a search haven't come up with this information and your help will be appreciated.

TIA.

Lewis

*****
Reply to
limeylew

norminn

This may help:

It should easily accept your end use, assuming you're talking 100 deg. Fahrenheit.

Reply to
Frank

Thanks, guys, you have been very helpful.

Kind regards.

Lewis.

*****
Reply to
limeylew

Coroplast is used to make signs that sit out in direct sunlight here in South Florida. 100 deg F should not be a problem.

Of course, that doesn't necessarily make it the right chouce for an incubator. You can buy 2 inch thick styrofoam sheets at HD for around the same price as coroplast and many times the insulating value...

Reply to
Larry Fishel

Coroplast.com has some of the information you seek. Indirectly. Look at the temperatures in the MSDS and chemicals pages. THey also suggest trial heating it.

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at