What temp setting for attic fan?

Please advise: What's the best setting for an attic fan to come on at?

depends on where you live and what your trying to do.
I live in Phoenix and mine is set on 150 F. Mine is for heat only.
Some fans are used for humidity control.
I just moved into a house in NJ and there is an attic fan. Just not sure what temp to set it at. I tried 85 and it came on all the time so I put it at 95. But you are saying 150?
I live of Long Island, around here I found that around 110 is ok.
In the middle of a nice warm / hot day its on but shuts down around 6:00pm.
I hate to have an electic motor in the heat, running. My parent almost lost their home because of a bad fan motor. I normally run it only when I am home.
(with possible editing):

You really should give your location.
I'm in northern NH near the Canadian border and I leave mine set at 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
--
Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com