What temp setting for attic fan?

Please advise: What's the best setting for an attic fan to come on at?

Reply to
dean

depends on where you live and what your trying to do.

I live in Phoenix and mine is set on 150 F. Mine is for heat only.

Some fans are used for humidity control.

Reply to
SQLit

I just moved into a house in NJ and there is an attic fan. Just not sure what temp to set it at. I tried 85 and it came on all the time so I put it at 95. But you are saying 150?

Reply to
dean

I live of Long Island, around here I found that around 110 is ok.

In the middle of a nice warm / hot day its on but shuts down around

6:00pm.

I hate to have an electic motor in the heat, running. My parent almost lost their home because of a bad fan motor. I normally run it only when I am home.

Reply to
BocesLib

On 21 Jun 2005 07:53:17 -0700, "dean" wrote (with possible editing):

You really should give your location.

I'm in northern NH near the Canadian border and I leave mine set at 95 degrees Fahrenheit.

Reply to
L. M. Rappaport