What temp do you keep your AC on?

For summer daytime, 78. Nighttime 72.. For winter daytime 72. Nightttime 65. e.TN

Reply to
Phisherman
80-82

Reply to
Hi Ho Silver

On Fri 10 Jun 2005 09:58:20p, bmickey9 wrote in alt.home.repair:

When at home in the daytime, 68-72 depending on our activity level. 72 at night.

We're in the desert.

Apache Junction, Arizona

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

This is Turtle.

Cooling mode

I keep my thermostat set on 70ºF day and nite and have a humitistat set to over ride the cooling and keep no more than 55% RH , where a 80% RH day is called a very dry day. Now some times I will go a little cooler at 68º at nite.

Cooling Mode

I can set my humitistat on 35% RH and the unit will never cut off and the house will go down to 57ºF or so and just never cut off.

Heating Mode.

68ºF day time and off at nite.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

same, with ceiling fans on

Reply to
Rudy

I keep it at 72 between 10PM and 6:30AM. Off when I'm at work. Other then that I just turn it so it's ON when I get home from work. Need it cold to sleep. I love having the cold air blowing on me.

Reply to
scott_z500

================ We keep ours at 74 all the time... both of us are retired and to be honest I may live another 10 maybe 15 years and I am not about to roast (like in hell) yet.... Darn I Just may lower the temp to 72...

I do woodworking as a hobby and my "shop" has A/C I keep it at 80 and only lower it when I walk in the door...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

in ky , i keep mine on 70 during the day and 68 at night. lucas

Reply to
ds549

We are just north of Toronto and use our programmable thermostat in the summer as follows:

Mon-Fri: 1:30 AM 24C/75F 6:00 AM 23C/73F 8:30 AM 24C/75F 5:00 PM 23C/73F

Sat: 1:30 AM 24C/75F 7:30 AM 23C/73F 10:30 AM 24C/75F 6:30 PM 23C/73F

Sun: 2:00 AM 24C/75F 7:45 AM 23C/73F 11:15 AM 24C/75F 7:15 PM 23C/73F

If we go out for the day on the weekends, we will manually set it a few degrees warmer.

During heating season, the program is similar, but with at-home/awake settiings of 22C/72F and others at 19C/66F.

Reply to
Calvin Henry-Cotnam

Phoenix AZ, 76 during the day, 72 after 8 PM.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Phoenix AZ, 76 during the day, 72 after 8 PM.

Reply to
Boots

Not me, in Rochester, New York. 72 would be either too hot or to cold. Winters we keep the heat at about 67F when we're home at night,

62F when we're not home during days, and summers when we run the AC, the temp is set at 76F. We like to appreciate our season's temperatures, within moderation.
Reply to
KLS

Northern Illinois. 75 degrees. I work at home so I don't program different night and day temps.

We prefer fresh air whenever possible, but this 100 degree weather has been nasty.

Had a neighbor once who kept his house at 58 degrees. It was ridiculous. I wanted to lager some beer in there. :)

Reply to
Anonymous

I like the transitions that the seasons provide.

Walking inside from a 100F 997847937743% humidity to a 69 degree

-892731498798324798% humidity is the ducks butt.

As in winter, walking in from a 12 degree snow/sleet/salt/f****ng idiot cant drive in winter people, to a nice, toasty 80 degree house is also the ducks butt.

And I've modified my spending habits to be able to afford the heating and cooling, regardless of how fast the dials on the electric or gas meters spin.

If you can't be comfortable in your own house - whats the point?

Reply to
Matt

"Mmmmmmm.....beeeeeeeeeer...."

;-]

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

I'm one of those who keeps the inside closer to the outside than many. In the winter I usually set it about 65 to 68 when I'm home in the day and 63 or a few less at night, both will be higher if the humidity is very low and the humidifier isn't fixing that. In the summer the house stays cool most days if I open windows at night and close them before it gets much above

  1. When I use the A/C it is usually set about
78 or a few higher. I will set it a few lower if the humidity is bad.

I always find it uncomfortable to go from the cold outside to a place that is much over 70 or from the hot outside to a place that is colder than about 75. If possible I try have the windows open at least in the cool part of most summer nights and in the warm part of the winter days that are much above 65.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Joesting