What temp do you keep your AC on?

Page 1 of 2
What day and night temp and where are ya located please?
Me?......
South Arkansas Day when home 78 Night 80
Just wondering about everyone else
--
bmickey9

bmickey9, 6/11/2005, 12:58:20 AM, wrote:

SE VA 78 all the time.
--
No matter what happens someone will find a way to take it too seriously.

The question reminds me of a supposeddly true story I read in Readers Digest some time ago: A guy called his electric company complaining about his high bills. One of the first questions they asked him was "what is your air conditioner set on?" He replied "It's set on a concrete slab in the back yard"
Located in San Antonio Tx Keep mine at 78 also, most of the time. Every once in a while turn it down to 77 or, rarely, 76. Got a programmable stat, but I don't use it, since my hours vary so much. Turn it to 83 or 84 when I leave in the morning. It usually doesn.t take that long to cool down when I get home.
76 during the day when i'm home -- i'm usually not, so 84. off at night.
bmickey9 wrote:

Right now it is between 73 and 76. That will change as the outside temperature goes up or the outside humidity goes down. At the beginning of the warm weather my body is not ready for the heat, but I just keep moving it up as time goes on. Likewise during fall it goes the other way over several weeks. In addition to comfort, I also want to keep the humidity down (40-55%) due to the piano.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

I'm in Ct. I don't have central, but use three window units to keep the house at about 74. At night, two are shut off and just the bedroom is on.
West central Florida.
79 (until winter takes it below 72 then 72)

bmickey9 wrote:

Boise, ID 76 day and night , but usually off at night and windows open because temperature is below 78.

I can take 78 during the day, but I like it cool at night, go with 72 then. I'd probably keep it cooler at night if it weren't for the ceiling fan.
day and night at 80. we are home all day. Southern California. Only comes on during heatwaves.
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

north
Well I live in Florida and did for 20 years in NJ. Summer heat and humidity in Florida start in late April and end in late October.
Matt wrote:

82 in NY. Real question is what do you wish the AC to do? For me it is controll the humidity. Warm I enjoy. Warm and damp I don't.
bmickey9 wrote:

I am a 68 degree person also. Forget 70, that is too hot.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

message

please?
South Jersey. I keep the A/C at 74 and in winter the heat is also set at 74.