What temp do you keep your AC on?

What day and night temp and where are ya located please?

Me?......

South Arkansas Day when home 78 Night 80

Just wondering about everyone else

Reply to
bmickey9

SE VA

78 all the time.
Reply to
badgolferman

Located in San Antonio Tx Keep mine at 78 also, most of the time. Every once in a while turn it down to 77 or, rarely, 76. Got a programmable stat, but I don't use it, since my hours vary so much. Turn it to 83 or

84 when I leave in the morning. It usually doesn.t take that long to cool down when I get home.
Reply to
lp13-30
76 during the day when i'm home -- i'm usually not, so 84. off at night.
Reply to
Hopkins

The question reminds me of a supposeddly true story I read in Readers Digest some time ago: A guy called his electric company complaining about his high bills. One of the first questions they asked him was "what is your air conditioner set on?" He replied "It's set on a concrete slab in the back yard"

Reply to
lp13-30

Right now it is between 73º and 76º. That will change as the outside temperature goes up or the outside humidity goes down. At the beginning of the warm weather my body is not ready for the heat, but I just keep moving it up as time goes on. Likewise during fall it goes the other way over several weeks. In addition to comfort, I also want to keep the humidity down (40-55%) due to the piano.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I'm in Ct. I don't have central, but use three window units to keep the house at about 74. At night, two are shut off and just the bedroom is on.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

West central Florida.

79 (until winter takes it below 72 then 72)

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Boise, ID

76 day and night , but usually off at night and windows open because temperature is below 78.
Reply to
George E. Cawthon

I can take 78 during the day, but I like it cool at night, go with 72 then. I'd probably keep it cooler at night if it weren't for the ceiling fan.

Reply to
Chris Hill

day and night at 80. we are home all day. Southern California. Only comes on during heatwaves.

Reply to
Walter R.

Jeezy weezy - why do you all even have AC?

68 - 70, Twenty four by seven.

Missouri.

Reply to
Matt

I'm with you, Matt. 68 to 70 all the time once the AC goes on. I'm in north central New Jersey.

I've lived in south Florida and as far as I'm concerned, the summers in NJ are just as hot and humid as Florida.

Reply to
CAStinneford

82 in NY. Real question is what do you wish the AC to do? For me it is controll the humidity. Warm I enjoy. Warm and damp I don't.
Reply to
Jim

I am a 68 degree person also. Forget 70, that is too hot.

Reply to
Robert Allison

Well I live in Florida and did for 20 years in NJ. Summer heat and humidity in Florida start in late April and end in late October.

Reply to
PhotoMan

please?

South Jersey. I keep the A/C at 74 and in winter the heat is also set at 74.

Reply to
Kathy

My thermostats are set to give the comfort of 72F at 30% humidity, meaning the temp will go higher on dry days. I refuse to sacrifice comfort, especially since my A/C bill will probably peak at just $90/month, and that's for a hot climate and 4400 ft^2.

Reply to
rantonrave

And do you extend the same courtesy to the miscreants who live above your cellar?

Reply to
Matt

Agreed, 70 is pushing it.

Reply to