What size thread is CATV?

I have a TV set that has broken a small hole around where the CATV exits the housing. It still works. What I need to do is just get a 3/8 or 1/2 inch washer and put over the CATV plug and tighten a nut down on the washer.
What size thread would this be?

I'm not sure, but try to find a stainless steel washer. they tend to be thinner than regular steel, and you may need the extra length of the jack sticking out to make a proper connection.
nate
Terry wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F_connector Female connectors have a 3/8-32 thread

Thanks
3/8 x 24. but if you put a nut on it, you won't have enough left to screw the cable to.

It will have to be a thin nut. This would probably be one of those low profit items you have to get at Radio Shack. Probably an item only the CATV guys have.
I might open an old satellite box and see if there is one inside. I can't think of anything else the old box would be good for.

Doesn't the jack use a small nut already to secure it to its mounting plate? I was envisioning him removing the existing nut, putting a thin washer on (or maybe one on each side?) then reinstalling. That *might* work.
nate
Steve Barker wrote:

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

This is what I am looking for. I just have to figure out what I have leftover I can take apart to get one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Coax-cable-splice-connector-extra-long-w-nut-coaxial-F_W0QQitemZ170155586463QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Coax-cable-splice-connector-extra-long-w-nut-coaxial-F_W0QQitemZ170155586463QQcmdZViewItem
wheel and cut a suitable slice off of a cable connector.
Don Young

Get some 2 part epoxy and glue the connector back in. I'd mix some filler in to thicken up the epoxy, but I already have the supplies
or
Get one of these and modify the case to fit.
http://www.stayonline.com/detail.aspx?ID 68