What size inverter

Page 2 of 2

Volts times amps does not equal watts.
You must be very smart if you can rewrite Ohms Law **********************************************
Jesus won't have you for a sunbeam if you tell lies. :-)
Your battery won't last long so leave the engine running. , There is a possibility of overloading the alternator too. Really you need a gas engine chain saw.
http://www.rapidtables.com/convert/electric/Volt_to_Watt.htm Huh? Really?
And, Ohm's law is that E = IR (volts equals amps times resistance)
Volts times amps does not equal watts.
You must be very smart if you can rewrite Ohms Law **********************************************
On 3/6/2012 12:13 PM, Herb Eneva wrote:

Somewhere between 1600-2000 watts should do it(that includes a 30% safety margin). Frankly though, for what that rig would cost and at the risk of destroying the electric motor or both, you might be better served spending the money for a used gas power at a pawn shop. Just my opinion because I get a sense this is not a one time deal.
--
Digger
Bob O'Dell