What size hammer to use?

When I use 20D common or sinker nails, I use a 20oz hammer. For 16D common or sinker nails, I use a 16oz hammer. For 12D I use a 12oz hammer, For 8D I got a 8oz hammer. But I just bought a box of 4D finishing nails. No one sells a 4oz hammer. What should I use?

Reply to
gracious1

All metal with handle connected to AC mains?

Reply to
Leroy

SNIP HAPPENS

Use your asshole, asshole.

Reply to
jJim McLaughlin

In the same manner that you are trying to impersonate someone with a wit, you can try to impersonate a hammer and pound them in with your face.

LdB

Reply to
L D'Bonnie

Two 2-oz hammers?

-T.E. Stosterone

Reply to
Thomas Edward Stosterone

Your 4oz head.

S. Barker

Go to the toy department.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

Mike Dobony wrote in news:DWcmj.332$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr11.news.prodigy.net:

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Reply to
Stephen King

You dummy. Put the nails in two at a time. You are such an idiot.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Just thinking about that makes me want to upchuck.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

For people like you, the forehead is perfect. Ever wonder why it is flat?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Put your thumb, or other appendage, on the nail and hit it with the 20oz hammer. The appendage will absorb part of the blow, and onl;y 4oz of force will impact the nail. Even better, place your appendage on the nail and have someone hit it with a 9 pound sledge.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Retired Shop Rat: 14,647 days in a GM plant. Speak softly and carry a loaded .45 Lifetime member; Vast Right Wing Conspiricy Web Site:

David Starr

snipped-for-privacy@callme.com wrote in news:fnb6m2$u7r$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org:

It's OK to use an 8oz hammer. Just use blasting caps as a drift. It softens the blow.

Reply to
Red Green

Reply to
Doug Brown

"Doug Brown" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Maybe I should have said it deadens the blow :-)

Reply to
Red Green