What's wrong with PEX ??

Page 1 of 2
Just wondering. Why is the City of San Diego not allowing PEX? I was under the impression that PEX was the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel. What's wrong with the stuff?
"the City of San Diego will halt the acceptance of applications requesting the use of PEX. This policy will become effective immediately for all projects including re-piping projects."
http://www.sandiego.gov/development-services/industry/pdf/pexltr.pdf
Is PEX cheaper to install and thus not acceptable to our labor unions? City Hall recently voted to keep Wal-Mart out of San Diego. Wal-Mart is not unionized. Any other reasons for prohibiting PEX? Any other cities prohibiting PEX?
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

The allow it for closed loop system, but not potable water. Chemicals that are safe around the world may cause cancer in California. It may be that.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I believe the State of California is known to cause cancer...

One city in CA was getting set to ban the dangerous chemical dihydrogen monoxide until someone told them what it is ;) Frank

These guys were probably behind it.
http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Darn it Frank. You posted my post.
Colbyt

Some company that doesn't make PEX but a legal competitive product paid off a city official or gave him big bucks for his campaign. It probably got voted in because the city officers had no idea what the stuff is.
John
Walter R. wrote:

Here's the story: http://www.plumbingengineer.com/june_07/domestic_water_systems.php
It looks to me like California rejects the NSF's safety testing and wants to do their own test to certify PEX.
Bob

San Diego ended up with all the lawyers, because San Francisco got first pick.....
-- Oren
I lived in a town that would not allow nothing except cast iron for waste lines.I became good friends with a union plumber and found out that the plumbers' union didn't want to loose that part of their work so cast iron was kept in the local code.

Reason? IT'S CALIFORNIA, THE STATE OF INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just what do you expect from a state that voted in a sex offender as governor?

Well they were just following the lead of the rest of the US in '92 and '96.

Huh? Citation please.

That's right! Explain it too me Lucy! Hurry up, I have Bongo lessons! -- Oren

Doctor's office magazine had an article on the Governator long before running for office and it talked about his sexual abuse of women. Then there was the last Terminator move he did where he took a forced picture of the woman's breasts. Don't you read the news?
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 06:07:27 GMT, "Mike Dobony"

I'm wondering if you think an accusation of sexual harassment is equal to a declaration that the governor/candidate is a _sex offender_. Did the news distinguish the difference?
-- Oren

Accusation in keeping with previous history as documented earlier.

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:30:51 -0500, "Mike Dobony"

History and documentation, hmmm!
Okay! He should be registered in California if convicted as a sex offender, NOT! The accusation has been addressed by his counsel - I'm sure. Even multiple times.
-- Oren

Kobe Bryat is a sex offender despite dropped charges. The Duke lacrosse team are sex offenders despite the dropped charges. My father in law molested all his children, at least one grandchild, and his daughter in law. He was never convicted, but is still a sex offender despite the charges being dropped. They are all sex offenders, even though they were never convicted.

P.S. *I* am a sex offender also. I pressured my girlfriend into sex through the movies we went to see, songs played on the radio, and roaming hands. Because of her past abuses she was unable to say 'no.' I got her pregnant and married her. We now have two great children and 3 wonderful grandchildren. We are now going though counseling for our past history of abuse.
I admit to my abuse and take full responsibility for it. Kobe Bryant, the Duke team, and Arnold refuse to take responsibility for their abuse, denying it is abuse to rape women, encourage women to strip for pictures, etc.