What's the point?

I was talking to a guy the other day who works for a flooring company. He told me about a guy who had a new floor installed over a nice looking wood plank floor. He said he would have left the wood planks because they were in great shape. So the customer comes into the showroom and chooses an expensive vinyl flooring that looks like wood planks. They installed the floor, had to put down underlayment first. The total cost of the floor was almost $3000.
When they finished the job they all looked at the floor and said "looks just like when we got here, only a tad darker in color and a little shinier". He shook his head and said "What's the point?". He said he would have given the wood floor a coat of varnish for $25 and left well enough alone.
Mark
"He said he would have given the wood floor a coat of varnish for $25 and left well enough alone. "
If that's what they charge, I have some work for them!

The point is the customer is happy. The customer also happens to have more money than brains. Sure makes you wonder though.
says...

The customer may have a lot of dogs and/or kids or some other plans for heavy use of the room.
Not what *I* woud do, but..
Banty
I don't recal where I first read it but one of my favorite comments is "more dollars than sense".
On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 04:06:17 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

Yeah....that would last about a month.
--
TimL

The point is to sell flooring and make money.
STeve
SteveB wrote:

Apparently the point was the customer wanted to replace the wood strip flooring w/ a continuous flooring material.
Most likely not what I would have chosen, but wasn't my floor...