What's the difference between Red Rosin paper and Brown builders paper?

The borg has rolls of both right next to each other. Minor differences in width and length of roles.

I know that red rosin paper was traditionally used beneath hardwood floors.

But is there any practical difference (other than color) in the two types of paper? Do their recommended uses differ?

Thanks

Reply to
blueman

I use the brown paper as substrate in snake cages. The red is waxed (rosened?), which makes it useless for this because it doesn't absorb water. I assume it's supposed to be waterproof, but I don't know what it's actually used for.

Reply to
Larry The Snake Guy

You use this stuff when you are doing drywall or painting to protect the floor

Reply to
gfretwell