What's the difference between a cut-off blade and a cross cut blade?

They seem to have the same ratings for material with one exception that the cutt-off blade is not recommended for ripping at all where it's "good" with a cross cut blade.

Could you tell me what type of cuts are ideal for each? Thanks.

Reply to
poison_1024

The cut off probably has a more aggressive tooth setup for cutting large quantities of wood for things like pallets where appearance is not critical. The cross cut would be for wood used for more refined items like a bookshelf. What makes on better is the angle of the teeth and style of the teeth. Not all are the same on a given blade and they can be set to take material away aggressively, or to make a finer, smoother cut.

Of course there are many types, qualities and styles of blades for every purpose. Combination blades are great for many of us so we don't have to change blades frequently. As in most everything, the more you pay, the better the outcome in use. Good 10" combination blades cost $50 to $120.

If you want good blades,

or

Edwin Pawlowski