what's in your bread?

Page 3 of 3
On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 12:40:25 PM UTC-5, net cop wrote:

Once again Dan, of course you're right.

I don't know what "study" M's referring to either. All I saw was a reference to a "survey". But I guess anyone who's as confused as M is doesn't understand the difference between an actual scientific study and a consumer survey. Good grief.
BTW, I'm still waiting for M to show me where Monsanto forced farmers to use their seed. Or sued farmers where their non-GMO crop was innocently contaminated by some Monsanto seed from a nearby farm that was using it.

+1
| There's no dogma there at all. | As I said, scientists, and those that take a scientific | approach, (as opposed to a DOGMATIC approach) question | everything based on EVIDENCE. | OK. I explained it as much as I can.
| > OK. Then why didn't you question the Oklahoma | > study? And what are your evidence and conclusions | > about GMOs and organic food? I'm not asking you to | > discuss religion here. I'm only questioning the limits | > of science and alleged science. Isn't that allowed as | > a topic of scientific inquiry? Shouldn't we be able to | > discuss something like GMOs and organic food as a | > scientific topic? | | You appear to have me confused with someone else. | | Let's see Oklahoma GMO study...maybe this: | | http://canola.okstate.edu/gmofacts
I'm talking about the study that you, yourself brought up in your first post! You started out making fun of public ignorance about science by mentioning a survey in which 80% of people thought DNA should be banned from food. But you trusted the "science" and didn't look at the actual survey, which is here:
http://agecon.okstate.edu/faculty/publications/4975.pdf
I've already explained why the survey itself was more pro-GMO propaganda than science. Anyone who cares to follow up can look back up the thread.
| As far as GMOs vs Organic (which I have not commented on | up to this point), I prefer not to worry. I think I'll live | longer not being afraid of everything. |
You equate avoidance of toxins and knowledge of the food supply with fear? OK. Not very scientific, but... we do have freedom of religion around here, so I guess that's your choice. :) At least it relates to the topic at hand.
On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 2:33:24 PM UTC-5, Mayayana wrote:

Yes, you sure did, when you posted this gem:
"Given that science is the closest thing modern society has to religion,"
After that idiocy, any remaining credibility you had regarding GMO, or anything else went out the window.

There is a difference between scientific studies and surveys of consumer opinion. Good grief.

You wouldn't know what's scientific from a hole in the ground.
Let's review some of your bogus claims:
Monsanto is forcing farmers to use their seed.
Monsanto is suing farmers where some GMO from an nearby farm using Monsanto GMO innocently contaminated their crop.
The Supreme Court affirmed the appeals court case where Monsanto won, because of the 5 conservatives.
The last one I already demolished, because it only takes 4 votes on the court to take the case. Obviously the libs agreed with letting the appeals court stand in Monsanto's favor.
Still waiting for proof of the first two.
On 02/10/2015 10:40 AM, Dan Espen wrote:

Once you realize how nasty GMO food is, will you continue to eat it?

Nasty? They're selling nasty food in stores near you?
Nothing nasty in my supermarket. The whole idea strikes me as silly. Are you putting us on?
--
Dan Espen