What's good to fumigate a basement?

I've had spider crickets all summer and still even now there are a few of them in my basement (which is 33x70'x9' high). They are ugly little fuckers!
There are windows I can open, what's a good way to fumigate the place?
Thanks!
Dean
Well I did this but be carefull as it can kill you , get a gopher bomb,Giant Destroyer, sodium nitrate. Put it in a metal bucket and put that bucket in a metal bucket of water. Light bomb and leave for 6 hrs or more, when you come back open all windows quick, if you smell anything leave and come back later. nothing will be alive even termites in the floors. you say 9ft ceilings, ok because they burn hot like flares
I'd rather put my ball in the jaws of a rabid doberman than do that to my house....
I'd rather put my &@!!$ in the jaws of a rabid doberman than do that to my house....
m Ransley wrote:

I would rather chance it with the bugs.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
I think it would depend on if you have pets, small children, and if you can be away from the house for awhile, then air it out before returning.
I will spray outside and will do so only because I don't have pets/small children. But I don't like to spray indoors. For indoors, I will use a fly swatter, or if I have to, use what you can buy in the grocery store (Raid), then I will spray and close off the room or leave the house.
Might want to get a pro if not sure. If do-it-yourself, read the labels.
"dean" wrote in message

P.S. Small children live on the floor/ground and put *everything* in their mouth!
Its in the basement, my kid is not allowed in there. And they are spider crickets, not camel crickets, they are ugly little fuckers, they give me the creeps (and generally nothing really gives me the creeps!)
-Dean
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says... :) I've had spider crickets all summer and still even now there are a few :) of them in my basement (which is 33x70'x9' high). They are ugly little :) fuckers! :) Assuming you mean camel crickets...any basic fogger will do what you are wanting to do, but they only area contact kill and the crickets are probably coming into the basement from the crawl space area. With the fogger, there will be no residual for any future invasions.(I.E. the next day). If you use a fogger don't over do it, one fogger will treat 6000 cu feet or more. You might follow up with any general insecticide that has a residual. As they crawl around they usually will follow a baseboard, so treating well in the corners should help. I can't recall if cricket baits work well on camel crickets or not, but air circulation will help. They are breeding under the crawl space of the home, then finding their way to the basement, so treating with bait and the air circulation needs to be in the crawl area.
--
Lar

Oh, if only Noah would of been a bit more wise,
dean wrote:

I suggest you call your local county extension office and see what they recommend. It seems these critters are a common problem and there doesn't seem to be much available to control them other than professional controls, and they seem to require more than one visit.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Elimate the humidity and their numbers will drop to zero. No poisons or chemicals needed. In the short term, lay out strips of tape.
-rev
The Reverend Natural Light wrote:

I doubt if you could ever get zero. In most parts of the world there is enough in the air to measure almost anytime and that little fact is often used by scam fungus removers to scare people into buying their services.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Correction: _Reduce_ the humidity and their numbers will drop to zero. I lowered my basement to ~55% relative humidity and all my pet camel crickets disappeared.
Zero humidity would be impossible to achieve or tolerate.
-rev
If you have a cat, let it into the basement. If you don't have a cat, get one. I used to live in a basement apartment that had crickets, and the only way I got rid of them was when I took in a stray cat that was used to eating them. Now that I have a house I sometimes even heard crickets inside for the cats amusement.