What's a Hammer for?

I was raised to believe a hammer was for pounding in nails into lumber, loosening stuck parts on cars, bending metal, cracking rocks, and other types of work and repair.
But today, for most everyone under the age of 30, a hammer is a weapon. Its used to smash the windows out of cars when you hate the car's owner, used to break into homes to rob them, and most often, it's used to bust the skulls of anyone who does not agree with your political views, or posts your photo on facebook without your permission.
My how times have changed!!!
What do YOU use a hammer for?

A hammer is second to a flat screwdriver in the myriad of uses. Although you should use the proper tool for the proper job, people will use what is most convenient and at hand. Maybe that's why we use duct tape and WD-40 for more things than they were invented for.
On 04/09/2016 04:36 AM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Nonsense! People of all ages use hammers.
Meet Mona "The Hammer" Shaw:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/17/AR2007101702359.html
On Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 6:37:07 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Smashing my screen whenever I read one of your stupid posts.
Dammit, now I need another monitor.
On 4/9/2016 5:36 AM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Removing faucet handles from a well rusted faucet. Stapling Romex to floor joists.
Those were the one or two I can remember from the last week or two.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 6:37:07 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Yesterday I used a ball peen hammer to tap dowel pegs full of mushroom spawn into some oak logs to start a new mushroom garden in the basement. Most unusual use of late.
Paul
On 04/09/2016 04:36 AM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:
[snip]

The last thing I used a hammer for was driving wooden stakes in the ground to mark where the gladiolus plants were coming up, so as to avoid them when mowing.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On 09 Apr 2016, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote in alt.home.repair: