What's a Hammer for?

I was raised to believe a hammer was for pounding in nails into lumber, loosening stuck parts on cars, bending metal, cracking rocks, and other types of work and repair.

But today, for most everyone under the age of 30, a hammer is a weapon. Its used to smash the windows out of cars when you hate the car's owner, used to break into homes to rob them, and most often, it's used to bust the skulls of anyone who does not agree with your political views, or posts your photo on facebook without your permission.

My how times have changed!!!

What do YOU use a hammer for?

Reply to
Paintedcow

A hammer is second to a flat screwdriver in the myriad of uses. Although you should use the proper tool for the proper job, people will use what is most convenient and at hand. Maybe that's why we use duct tape and WD-40 for more things than they were invented for.

Reply to
badgolferman

Nonsense! People of all ages use hammers.

Meet Mona "The Hammer" Shaw:

Joe (not really)

Smashing my screen whenever I read one of your stupid posts.

Dammit, now I need another monitor.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Removing faucet handles from a well rusted faucet. Stapling Romex to floor joists.

Those were the one or two I can remember from the last week or two.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yesterday I used a ball peen hammer to tap dowel pegs full of mushroom spawn into some oak logs to start a new mushroom garden in the basement. Most unusual use of late.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314
[snip]

The last thing I used a hammer for was driving wooden stakes in the ground to mark where the gladiolus plants were coming up, so as to avoid them when mowing.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

On 09 Apr 2016, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote in alt.home.repair:

No, it's not.