What's a great way to clean surface of new stainless steel fridge - keeps rusting!

Thanks, for the info. Learn something new everyday. just checked. the sink, oven front, microwave front, vent hood are ALL non-magnetic and have no rust forming

However, relatively new, purchased 2/2012 for $2,420. it's a rather small Kitchenaid fridge, model KFCS22EVMS Even though didn't even roll it into position until 7/2012 it's now passed its one year warrantee.

not cheap at all!

I was simply irritated by their lack of customer support trying to get any answers over the telephone, but now I'm more livid with being sold stainless steel that really isn't. Gross misrepresentation.

Too late for me to go back through VISA to get reimbursed

hmmm.... any ideas?

Reply to
RobertMacy

forgot to mention, the Kitchenaid 'stailess steel' that is rusting is indeed magnetic!

Reply to
RobertMacy

Ideas on how to get what you wanted? No, but some don't like non-magnetic 'fridges. Seems magnets don't stick the kiddies' art with the non-magnetic alloys. It's a feechur.

Reply to
krw

Interesting. In that case they should have used two layers. magnetic under and true stainless on top.

Or, it's a feture, like the way ?? candy company is trying to sell 'foamed' candy bars and showing how much people enjoy buying less product and eating a pile of chocolate flavored air, or something.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Magnetic stainless steel _is_ "true" stainless steel. There are many kinds of stainless steel, just like there are many kinds of steel.

I have doubts what you have if it rusts rapidly in a dry house. Ordinary steel shouldn't rust as fast as you describe.

But then you said all stainless steel rusts.

You could try wax in a small area.

---------- I read long ago that cleaning stainless with steel wool can result in rust.

Reply to
bud--

This is a kitchen fridge that cost a bit of coin, so not likely to abuse it with steel wool.

Damp environment? Arizona?! In the winter with the heat exchanger running!! From the way a slice of bread, a damp paper towel, or anything goes dry in no time, doubt you'd claim our home as damp. If you leave crackers out they crisp up, home is not damp at all.

I'm just angry that a product called 'stainless steel' is rusting so fast! wipe a dry paper towel across the surface and you get a dingy brown sheen to the towel.

Wax? hmmmm haven't tried something like that. But the whole point of having SS appliances is that the surface can be cleaned, covering with wax, negates that.

Reply to
RobertMacy