What Manufacturer are these?

I have some fluorescent light fixtures that need replacing. The local electrical supply has nothing like these. Can you identify them? They only have one label, "Encore."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23816537@N04/sets/72157617227698756 /
Mike D.
Michael Dobony wrote:

Google finds 23,000 hits for "encore+florescent+lighting". The most promising is:
http://www.encorelighting.com/

http://www.encorelighting.com /
Though they may not still make that style.
Colbyt
Take the cover off the end. What you have probably looks like this: http://electrical.hardwarestore.com/13-38-fluorescent-fixture-parts/double-contact-fluorescent-lampholders--682379.aspx
A common end for commercial fixtures
If not exactly like that with the cover off, take the burnt one to your local Lowes or Home Depot.

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 14:54:04 -0500, Big Bob wrote:

http://electrical.hardwarestore.com/13-38-fluorescent-fixture-parts/double-contact-fluorescent-lampholders--682379.aspx
NOT common. These mounts are flush mounted to the flange. Look at the photos.

They require disassembly, a 2 man job, just to get at the mounts. The ring has studs behind them which are bolted to the face.

I may be all wet on this one, but they look like fairly ordinary eight footers. Haul one down to the HD (like the other fellow said) and I bet they fix you up good. Get you going.
Then, expect to pay a hefty disposal fee for the old ones to haul off.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:58:14 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You are all wet. These are NOT common 8 footers. They install in pairs at a fixed right angle, with 2 together to make a square. The local electrical supply houses have never seen anything like them.
Why ask for help if YOU know all about it? And if you need a tall ladder common sense would tell the ordinary smart person to take it out for comparison while you are up there the FIRST time.
BTW: I've been doing commercial maintenance for 15 years. And this IS a common end despite the layout of the bulbs

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:38:24 -0500, Big Bob wrote:

When I looked up there the first time it looked like the sockets were bolted in place and to get to them required another person to help disassemble the fixtures.

If it is a common end, why doesn't the large electrical supply house even know what they are? Nobody in this large city knows what they are and nobody carries anything like them locally.

*No need to replace the fixture when all you need are sockets. You need very high output lamp sockets (VHO). http://www.1000bulbs.com/HO---VHOHigh---Very-High-Output-Sockets /
You may be able to find them at a sign company as that type of lamp is usually used in signs.
On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 08:11:32 -0400, John Grabowski wrote:

The 3rd one down looks like it, but they seem to just pop in place, but the existing ones seem to be bolted in place. As soon as I find the tall ladder again I can check this out.