What Manufacturer are these?

I have some fluorescent light fixtures that need replacing. The local electrical supply has nothing like these. Can you identify them? They only have one label, "Encore."

Mike D.

Reply to
Michael Dobony

Google finds 23,000 hits for "encore+florescent+lighting". The most promising is:

HeyBub

Though they may not still make that style.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Take the cover off the end. What you have probably looks like this:

A common end for commercial fixtures

If not exactly like that with the cover off, take the burnt one to your local Lowes or Home Depot.

Reply to
Big Bob

I may be all wet on this one, but they look like fairly ordinary eight footers. Haul one down to the HD (like the other fellow said) and I bet they fix you up good. Get you going.

Then, expect to pay a hefty disposal fee for the old ones to haul off.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

*No need to replace the fixture when all you need are sockets. You need very high output lamp sockets (VHO).
You may be able to find them at a sign company as that type of lamp is usually used in signs.
Reply to
John Grabowski

NOT common. These mounts are flush mounted to the flange. Look at the photos.

They require disassembly, a 2 man job, just to get at the mounts. The ring has studs behind them which are bolted to the face.

Reply to
Michael Dobony

You are all wet. These are NOT common 8 footers. They install in pairs at a fixed right angle, with 2 together to make a square. The local electrical supply houses have never seen anything like them.

Reply to
Michael Dobony

The 3rd one down looks like it, but they seem to just pop in place, but the existing ones seem to be bolted in place. As soon as I find the tall ladder again I can check this out.

Reply to
Michael Dobony

Why ask for help if YOU know all about it? And if you need a tall ladder common sense would tell the ordinary smart person to take it out for comparison while you are up there the FIRST time.

BTW: I've been doing commercial maintenance for 15 years. And this IS a common end despite the layout of the bulbs

Reply to
Big Bob

When I looked up there the first time it looked like the sockets were bolted in place and to get to them required another person to help disassemble the fixtures.

If it is a common end, why doesn't the large electrical supply house even know what they are? Nobody in this large city knows what they are and nobody carries anything like them locally.

Reply to
Michael Dobony