What Length Ceiling Fan Downrod For a 19' Ceiling?

I'm hanging a Casablanca Bel Air Halo ceiling fan in my family room which has a 19 foot ceiling. What length downrod should I use? Casablanca's web site indicates I should use an 108" downrod, their phone support said 96" when I called them, and a dealer said 60".
The dealer said that if I wanted to operate the fan year-round that it'd be better to put it closer to the ceiling, otherwise I'd have to run it on high during the winter to get proper circulation. But if I put it that high, I don't know how I would change the light bulbs (can't do it with a telescoping pole as the lights are covered).
If I use a longer downrod, is there a chance there will be more wobble?
Leo snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
Leo Shea wrote:

My ceiling is 26' at the peak with a steeply sloped roof (16/12 pitch). My fan is mounted about 16' from the floor, or roughly 1/3 down from the peak to the floor. Seems to work pretty well. Kind of hard to change the light bulbs though.
Matt
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
I just put up a 52 inch Hunter fan on a sloping 18 foot ceiling. I used a 72 inch downrod. That was Hunter's recommendation. To put it up I rented a 16 foot step ladder. Worked great except my Achilles tendons sure were sore the next day.
Great Hunter fan: no wobble and worked as advertised.

I would get a different fan, one without lights.
Sue
Why not just mount it on the floor so you can reach the bulbs ?......... about as reasonable as not getting one with lights.......... buy a ladder silly.

They do make long life lite bulbs. I believe the compact fluorescents last a long time. And I have seen poles with a gripper on the end to grab the bulb to un-screw it. Bush says that he does not need approval from the U.N.to wage war.& he didn't need the approval of the voters to become president either,did he?
cyber wrote:

I think he was asking about lights not your politics.
But since you raised it, why is it that you lefties persist in perpetrating such foolish lies?
Bush was duly and legally elected, The courts have backed that up in every challenge. Here in the US we dont need the UN's approval for anything, we didnt elect them and they aren't our government. But they did pass quite a few resolutions which Iraq refused to comply with. Saddam had plenty of opportunity to avoid regime change. Wake up and step into the real world, leave that world of lies behind. Think! I mean try just once to reason out the truth instead of just spouting the lies of the left. You might be surprised at what you find. Contrary to what you have been brainwashed to think, the USA is the good guy, and has done more (by a wide wide margin) to help people in this world than ANY other country ever has, now or in the past. Try just once to open that liberal mind you claim to have and see the real truth, unless of course, you are just happy to be one more "victim mentality leftie" and wine and wine and wine about how bad the US is, I swear! One of these days I am going to open a 12 step program and rehab the left. Eric B.
"cyber" is still whining about Gore the Loser

Quit your whining......still!
It could have been worse 4 more years of Democratic Bullshit!
Long Live Bush 4 more years. Finally a president with some balls.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. Like the Clintons who stole just about everything they could get their grubby little paws on.
Have some respect for "our" President. Like him or not He IS our President.
The UN is useless. (obviously), if it weren't for US waiting for the UN we would have caught Sadam already and recovered WMD's.
instead the WMD's are missing and so is Sadam.
Why didn't Clinton take care of the mess when he had a chance? you guessed it, Hillary (or Monica) wouldn't give him back his balls!
enjoy the next 4 years.
ArBy wrote:

The juxtaposition of those is just precious.
rosie readandpost wrote:

The Supreme Court disagrees. I guess you don't count them as legitimate either, right?
Matt