What kind of paint for outside wood porch?

When you visited your nearest paint specialty store (not Home Depot, not Lowe's), what did they recommend?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

If its a NEW porch soplid color stain is the way to go, paint just peels and becomes a maintence hassle

Reply to
hallerb

Whatever you end up using, make suer that it's oil based.

I'd stain it, then put some marine varnish on it.

Reply to
scott21230

Reply to
Sir Topham Hatt

:I use an good oil baed primer (liker zinser) then use a latex topcoat like, :Benny Moore

Seems interesting. However, I believe there are porch paints, or at least floor paints that are formulated to withstand a lot of foot traffic. Plus you will want a color that will continue to look OK for a while. I figure whatever you use, it won't look as good after a few years. So, the number one issue will be how you deal with the maintenance issues. : :Terry wrote: : :>What did you use?

Reply to
Dan_Musicant