What kind of paint for outside wood porch?

What did you use?

When you visited your nearest paint specialty store (not Home Depot, not Lowe's), what did they recommend?
If its a NEW porch soplid color stain is the way to go, paint just peels and becomes a maintence hassle
Whatever you end up using, make suer that it's oil based.
I'd stain it, then put some marine varnish on it.
I use an good oil baed primer (liker zinser) then use a latex topcoat like, Benny Moore

:I use an good oil baed primer (liker zinser) then use a latex topcoat like, :Benny Moore
Seems interesting. However, I believe there are porch paints, or at least floor paints that are formulated to withstand a lot of foot traffic. Plus you will want a color that will continue to look OK for a while. I figure whatever you use, it won't look as good after a few years. So, the number one issue will be how you deal with the maintenance issues. :
: :>What did you use?