What kind of grease for chain saw internal drive?

I have a Sears Craftsman/Husqvarna 16" electric chain saw. The plastic gea r that is driven on its inside diameter by the gear on the end of the motor shaft finally wore out and I have a new plastic gear from Sears. But, no info on what type of grease, if any to put on the plastic gear and "pinion" gear that Sears calls the gear on the end of the motor shaft that drives t he inside diameter of the plastic gear.
Suggestions - polite ones only please <g>.

When in doubt , use white lithium grease . What color was the remnant of grease that was in there ? That should give you a clue , if black it was probably a moly-type , white/gray probably lithium . There are also other colors , they're usually intended for a specific purpose though .
--
Snag

Old gear seemed lubricated mostly with remnants of plastic mixed with sawdust/debris and chain oil fumes, really couldn't tell or I would have gone ahead. The lithium grease seems reasonable.
On 8/31/2014 5:06 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

really couldn't tell or I would have gone ahead. The lithium grease seems reasonable.
There is probably a "correct" grease. I'd expect any kind of automotive wheel bearing grease would do a reasonable job.
The cleaning out might be the more important step. If it were my saw, I'd start with cotton swabs, and get what I could. And then take it outdoors and blast it out with aerosol brake cleaner solvent from the same auto parts. Plenty of time to dry.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 9/1/2014 9:58 AM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

planning on swishing some gasoline on the parts to get them clean, allowing them to dry, and then using some grease from my grease gun to start out fresh.

Usual precautions about working with gasoline.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

HR-
Did you look at the parts list on Sears Parts Direct website? There might be grease listed as a not-illustrated part.
I wonder if any grease might be a problem? Debris would tend to stick to it, accelerating the wear-out of the plastic gear. Plastic against metal may not need lubrication in some applications.
Fred