What kind of flooring ---> Rug / Tile / ???

I'm working with the trustees at my church and we are re-furbishing a very large room for all-purpose use. The question of flooring has come up.

Right now the floor is covered with vinyl tile, which makes the room hollow-sounding and very difficult for meetings. Music just bounces around. The room will be used for small worship services.

The new plan is for a large kitchen at the far end. The room will also be used as a dining area.

Some of the trustees want to go with rug to solve the acoustic problem. The othes want to go with tile again to solve the cleaning problem.

In the past there was no answer, just one or the other. I'm wondering if there are any new hi-tech products out that can be our answer. Thanks.

Reply to
Escapee

cork? drapes on the wall will solve acoustic problems.

Reply to
Charlie Spitzer

In a commercial setting, the rug may even be against health codes if a kitchen/dining area is involved. The cleaning would be the deciding factor, I have no idea if anything like that would affect a church.

I'd still opt for the tile and look for wall treatments such as drapes to help with the acoustics. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

fuVKing geholeva witnes!!!!!!1

Wait 10, 20 ,50 yrs. You will be the ASS that experimented, and HD now wont warranty your PUSS,,,,, Wake UP It lasts thousands of years done right ,, Bozo, YOU a BOZO , BOZO

Reply to
mark Ransley