What kind of container can I safely mix gas and oil for my snowblower

Page 3 of 3

And I almost won a Darwin award for doing so. It was a lesson well learned :)
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:50:02 -0400, "Walter Cohen"

I got a can from Wal-Mart. It's a little larger than a gallon, so you can put in a gallon of gas and have room to mix in oil.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

YOU should be the one

for you safety folks) that was at least 3 years old. Gas was no good but the bottle was fine.
Bob
That's what a lot of weedeating crews will carry it in when they're going to be far from the truck.
--
Steve Barker

YOU should be the one
It's not officially legal, but the best substitute I've found for a gasoline can is a windshield washer fluid jug. Rinse it out with water, and leave it over night propped upside down to get as much water as possible out. Should only be a trace of humidity in the jug in the AM.
Please remove the washer fluid label, and mark the jug with a wide point permanant marker as to the contents.
Washer fluid jugs also will hold kerosene.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

right size, right color, nice handle, and the plastic (back then, at least) seemed to hold up to gasoline and oil okay. If you don't use that brand, just stop by local laundromat, and raid the trash can. I'd test one overnight with a cup of gas, sitting in a steel bucket, just to make sure the plastic is still gas-proof.
aem sends...
aem sends....