What kind of container can I safely mix gas and oil for my snowblower

Page 2 of 3

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:45:57 -0500, "Steve Barker"

That reminds me of Benjamin FRanklin's, I think it was, statement, "Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither."
You're both wrong. In his case, everyone except criminals deserve liberty and security.
HUH!?
--
Steve Barker

YOU should be the one

Bleach is dangerous more as a caustic agent than as a toxin. The appropriate response for a swallow or so is to dilute with water or milk. I dunno how anyone would drink enough to need more treatment than that. It's not like it's a subtle taste.

I don't think there is such a thing. And if there was, I would not use it.
[fumirudinous snips]

No cluons were harmed when Ook wrote:

Would you, could you with a fox?
Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Depends on the fox.
--oTTo--
Otto Bahn wrote:

Again with the Hillary Clinton references!
--
That\'s_ the message; "Donut sit behind leaning cats that have just
farted you blind"!

I thought Fox was a conservative network...?
--oTTo--
Walter Cohen wrote:

Are you sure it is two cycle and requires a gas/oil mix?
Two cycle engines are heavy polluters and aren't as common as they used to be especially in a device that isn't handheld such as a snowblower.

That's what I thought too. I've seen lots of 4 cycle snowthrowers and small electric ones, but I haven't seen a two cycle one. Given that this is supposed to be a new one, it seems a little strange.

No. No. No. No. And, No.
You will find a plastic or metal thing specifically made for storing gasoline. You will stop thinking of alternatives right now. The thought never occurred to you. Pretend it never happened.

------------------------------------------------------------------------- You mentioned Sears. Just thought you'd like ot know that the Sears snowblowers (at least on their website) are all 4-cycle engines, and don't require a gas/oil mix. Don't mix the gas and oil unless you've got an owners manual that specifically tells you to do it. A gas oil mix will possibly foul the spark plug on a 4-cycle engine.
Mark

don't use styrofoam
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:16:09 GMT, "AllEmailDeletedImmediately"

to on over the outside water faucet to help keep them from freezing in the winter.
On one, the foaam rubber came away from the styrofoam, and I went to glue it back togethere with contact cement. It was on the kitchen table while I was did something else waiting the required 10 minutes or more for it to dry. And I noticed the glue was eating up the foam. !!
I waited until the time had run, pushed the pieces together and it was still even enough to work. The eating had stopped after a point.

Carb cleaner works well on styrofoam. Better then gasoline :-)
Ook wrote:

And brake fluid can sometimes serve as paint remover, or at least nail polish remover.
--
Cheers,
Bev

I did this once. I poured an ounce or two of gasoline in a styrofoam cup and put it on my bench. 30 seconds later I had styrofoam goo and gasoline all over my bench. It was quite impressive :-)
"Ook" <Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the Don't send me any freakin' spam> wrote in message

And now you know why carburetors and fuel injectors are not made out of styrofoam.
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 17:55:55 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

I made a candelabra out of a shirt cardboard once, like they stuff in shirts at the laundry to help them stay ironed.
It worked the first several times but burst into flames the last time.

Ook wrote:

Ook said:
"Never store gasoline in anything not specifically made for it. People win Darwin awards for doing that also."