What kind of caulk to use?

I'm prepping for painting and have removed some caulk around some windows . Also have to re-caulk the joint where the soffit meets the top of the exterior cement block/stucco wallIs. Is there a preferred type of caulk for these applications? Latex? Elastomeric? Paintable silicone? Or is one as good as the other? I'm in a hot, humid climate.. S. Fla, if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

Reply to
al

The only exterior caulk that I would use would be a urethane. NP-1 or equal. Dow Corning 795 would be the only silicone I would consider. As with all caulks, make sure to use backer rod and/or bond break tape to prevent 3 point adhesion of the caulk.

______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Reply to
DanG