What kind of ballast is this?

My shop light fluorescent light fixture with dual lamps went out. I opened up the fixture but there is no regular ballast in there, only two small plastic boxes, one inserted in each of the two wires. Each box is about 2 inches long and 1 inch wide.

Is this a new type of ballast and where can I buy it? Home Depot has nothing like it. It looks very cheap but it has lasted 30 years.

Reply to
Walter E.

I wouldn't try to find another ballast like that. It might cost as much as the whole light. If you do like the "can", you can buy a new T-8 ballast for about $13 at Dale-electric.,com and I imagine a local supplier will get close to matching that.

Reply to
gfretwell

*What type of bulbs does this fixture use? Look at the label on the bulbs. Go buy a ballast that will operate those bulbs and wire it in. Wiring diagram is on the ballast. If Home Depot does not have it, go to an electrical supply house.

It might be cheaper to buy a new shop light, though I doubt you will get 30 years again.

John Grabowski

John G