What kind of alarm is this?

What kind of alarm is this:

And is it possible to get it to call me? I am about to get it connected and set up with a security service but if it can call me I will do that instead.

Thanks!

Dean

Reply to
dean

looks like Ademco. look for a metal box where all the wires go back to and see if there are some names and numbers on or in it. It is possible to get it to call you. depends on what model it is.

Reply to
Kendog

It's an Ademco.

Reply to
Bob M.

That's only the keypad, you know. The rest of the alarm is somewhere else, maybe the basement, maybe a closet, in a metal box. I'm sure inside the box it will have a brand name and even a model number.

Callyou on the telephone? I wanted that myself but never got it set up. Then the thing burnt up, and now I'm dealing with a friend, so I'm doing things the way he likes to.

The alarms come only with digital communicators that only communicate with digital stuff.

But there are separate boxes that will call you with "voice" They can be triggered by your alarm. IIRC, they dial one number and play your prercorded message several times (because the machine doesn't know when someone answered, if at all). Then it goes on to the next number you've stored and does the same thing. Then two more numbers. If someone enters a code, it will stop, but then that person is pretty much obliged to call the police. ACtually everyone at every number should have agreed to call you back or call the police.

X-10 might be a source, but if not, write back. It's in my basement, cost 100 dollars, never used. :(

Reply to
mm