What kind of air conditioner?

I'm curious to know the specifications of my central air conditioner - size, efficiency, etc. The labels on the condenser unit have all faded beyond recognition except for the brand label - "RUUD High Efficiency". The furnace is a 1969 Chrysler Airtemp 150k BTU forced air oil burner and for all I know this could be the original air conditioner.
It seems to work fine but knowing more about it would help in determining when to replace it. Any thoughts how I might figure that out?
Thanks!
On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 09:47:08 -0700, The Reverend Natural Light wrote:

Replace it when it breaks.

Damn, I hadn't thought of that. I figured when it quit I'd just put on some heavy boots and kick it until it started up again.
"The Reverend Natural Light" wrote Meat Plow wrote:

Gini wrote:

Not necessarily...
Jack Daniels is said to have died of "blood poisoning" after kicking the safe in his office during a fit of pique and breaking his big toe... :)
On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 12:00:16 -0700, The Reverend Natural Light wrote:

LOL.

Ask the salesman when they come to give you a quote for a new furnace!
On Jul 15, 11:47 am, The Reverend Natural Light

Here's the rule (IMHO) - If it says "High Efficiency" then it is old and inefficient. Look for a label at the coil, where the refrigerant lines go into the plenum of the furnace. My AC guy just replaced a unit for me that was installed in 1972! We could tell by the serial number on the coil.
JK
Big_Jake wrote:

on this page and tell you fairly close how many BTUH it is putting out. It won't be the same as the tests they do at specific dry bulb temps & conditioned space wet bulb temp, but should put you in the ballpark providing it is delivering close to its rated BTUH; that of course is doubtful. The condenser air temp splits are NOT on that page, the links are there. http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_btuh_duct_sizing_air_conditioning_systems.html
Yo can check the evaporator numbers but it might be oversized on a high efficiency unit, which is probably a 10-SEER. If you have it apart the flow rator number might be a good clue, if it is properly matched, ha. How is the Airflow on that Chrysler Airtemp Oil Furnace? It may have a different design than some of the Thermo Pride's. - udarrell