What kind of adhesive or glue?

Hi ,

I am working with Blue styrofoam insulation sheets aproximately 2" thick. Can anyone reccomend a waterproof glue or adhesive that will not eat the styrofoam? Thanks...Jim

Reply to
Jim

Charles Spitzer

What modelers often use with various kinds of styrofoam:

White or aliphatic glues (Elmer's, Titebond) Epoxies Ethanol or methanol (sometimes used to thin epoxies) UFO superglues Water-based contact cements (eg. Southern Sorghum) The latter probably can be found at a good hobby shop or at online places like Tower Hobbies.

I have also used #M spray adhesive, but it must be put > Hi ,

Gary Dyrkacz snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+

Gary Dyrkacz

Double-sided carpet tape. Or, Elmer's makes a contact rubber cement (you need to wait 15 minutes to dry before sticking parts together).

Reply to
Phisherman

How about Liquid Nails Foamboard adhesive?

Beware that spray-on adhesives usually dissolve plastics much worse than their brush-on equivalents because of all the extra solvent in the former.

Reply to
do_not_spam_me