What It is About Toothbrushes

I have all these nice ceramic tooth brush holders, yet the toothbrush manufacturers of the word decide that I lack the manual dexterity to handle a toothbrush, so they now only make toothbrushes with extremely fat handles that no longer fit in the holders. So now they're just scattered across the vanity top.

Sorry for the rant. I went off the meds todya.

Reply to
Julia Betancóurt de Velasquez

Eric in North TX

You can use a bench grinder to take off the parts that get in the way.

Either that or buy an electric tooth brush holder. They have arms and they come out and grab the tooth brush. If you get several, you can use them for hair brushes, combs, and lots of things. Just don't try them for tooth paste because they will blow the cap off the tube.

You can take the dust that you grind off the tooth brushes and make your own meds. Either buy molds or make your own.

Reply to
mm

My rant is about the ceramic soap dish in my shower. There's no lip on it, so wet soap slides out really easily. Often, the first I know of that is a thud when the bar of soap hits the floor.

Is the thing defective, or are they just not made to hold soap?

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

you must hide the toothbrushes inside the medicine cabinet from the toilet-flush-generated airborne e-coli bacteria anyway. so send the toothbrush people a nice thank you card ! and no more caffeine for you! :)

Reply to
buffalobill

Other than for bathing kids or significant others, most of those in-the-wall soap dishes are useless. Too low to use while showering, and right in the water stream from shower. When I hit lotto and build my dream house, there will be a HIGH soap dish sunk into wall. Big enough to hold soap and shampoo. (I hate those under-showerhead things- always scrape my head on them when rinsing out the shampoo.)

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

If there are men in the house (and they stand when they urinate), there is also a fine mist of urine that coats exposed items in the bathroom.

An interesting book (if you don't mind being totally grossed out to the point that you might develop a Howard Hughes-like obsession with cleanliness...) is "The Secret House" by David Bodanis. It is simply a close look at what happens in one typical day in a typical house that we normally are completely unaware of:

Reply to
Tim Smith

How about using a Dremel and a handful of carbide burrs?

With patience, you can probably carefully enlarge the holes while only removing the glaze from inside the holes?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Crest Complete Youth toothbrush. Fits in the 60-year-old holder embedded in the wall above my sink.

Regrettably, I can find them only at Target nowadays. Not that I've looked in every store in town.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton