What is wrong with plumbers?

It's not a contract until they actually take your money. Until then, it's just an offer. And anytime some worker looks at a job he's supposed to do for me and decides he's in over his head, I'd PREFER that he backs out and tells me rather than goes ahead and screws it up.

Reply to
Goedjn

Well, yeah, but telling one that you're not going to do it is one thing, and running out for something on the pretense that you're coming back, and don't, is quite another. Shows no class.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

had a similar experience recently; an artist who i've done repair jobs for asked me to paint her living room.i told her previously that i don't paint but i have a friend who does.he gives her an estimate for the entire condo but i guess it was too high.she gets other estimates and then calls me to just paint the ceiling and trim.ok i'll do it because your a good customer.i get down there and unloaded all my stuff and she asks "how much do you think this will cost?"i look and say at least $400.mind you there's paintings all over the place that are selling for big dollars.well before i can paint i tell her they will have to be moved because i'm not taking the chance of splattering paint on them.then she says she had a quote for $600 that included painting the entire room ceiling,walls and trim and could i give her a break and do it cheaper than $400.i looked at her and said i think i'll pass on this job.i didn't want to do it in the first place.best decision i've made in a while and i think i'll be booked up next time she calls.

Reply to
woodarama

Sadly I must admit my wife has a sharp pointy finger, but no interest in helping with the work, and complains about the quality etc.....typical lazy customer

I ripped up nearly all the urine soaked carpets gross nasty work.... urine courtesy of a old dog she adopted, nice old dog that has onew major problem, it presers peeiong in house, even with 2 dogie doors always open at all times

carpet has been replaced by cheap sheet vinyl as a temporary fix to protect the hardwood floors

she complained I asked her to help pull staples which I hate doing.....

she REFUSED to ove stuff or prep area, I pushed everything into whats now known as the junk room. working on that today:(

If she had helped in ADVANCE things would of been much easier.........

I am SICK AND TIRED OF HER ATTITUDE.........

she almost never cleans does laundry etc.

Wonder how to get her stepforded?

Reply to
hallerb

What does she say about your drinking? :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I agree. It's just plain rudeness and childish behavior, like someone not showing up for a job interview or business appointment. Difficult customer or not, it's also a cowardly way to get out of doing a job. It would be much better for everyone all around if they just said, "I don't want to work for you".

Beachcomber

Reply to
Beachcomber

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:>

computer keyboard bad, and I am too busy to fix all the typos...........

I NEVER drink, too many family members with troubles.....

Reply to
hallerb

It's a malfunction between the chair and key board.

-- Oren

Oren

They have butt cracks.

Reply to
Me

Its what is going on today, in all areas ...is like the idiots that answer the tech support line and after asking and telling your problem, they say to hold on while they check something and they will be right back...they never do, and if u hold on long enough u eventually get the dial tone again...the reason? they know shit and the company that hires them, are even shittier for hiring anyone without asking if they are experience. Speaking of Loews I recently went to them to ask them to send me a measurer for my storm door replacement. I had to pay up front $30 for that and was told that if I continue to let them do the installation they would deduct that amount from the entire cost, and if I don't I lose it. When the day arrived for the measurer, I saw who they sent and I thought I was watching one of those old movies that was called Ma & Pa kettle, only they had deep russian accent. My door opening was not the normal size, so it had to be custom made. Right from the beginning i knew they were measuring it wrong and they wouldn't listen to me and they wouldn't even give me the sizes. I told them I was going to report them and they said '''go ahead' and drove off. At least I was able to get my $30 back...Its the companys that hire these help...apparently they do not want to pay top prices for knowledgable workers, so we get stuck with those that aren't.

Reply to
Anthona

Doesn't Mozilla have a spell checker?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Wow. You hear some weird stuff in here.

And anytime some

Reply to
CJT

And word should spread, so they go out of business.

Reply to
CJT

See if it improves by Monday. There's still a lot of cocktail activity going on. It was obvious on the roads this morning. Damn...

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Can we say "plumber's crack"? ;-)

Reply to
krw

It's genetic. There was a Dilbert cartoon about auto mechanics that's similar:

Dilbert: "I think it's the carburator." Mechanic: "You think it's what?!" Dilbert: "Oh. Sorry. I think it's the #$%*&* carburetor." Mechanic: "Well, why didn't you say so?"

Reply to
HeyBub

yeah i get feelings sometimes and respect them. fixing office machines for a lifetime its a gut feeling sometimes

Reply to
hallerb

Didn't you know? CRACK KILLS ;-)

Reply to
jtnospam

Have you actually worked for someone who WON'T allow you the use of the facilities? Isn't that just basic human kindness? I'd be mortified to learn of a repairman not asking me to get him something for fear of me turning him down.

Reply to
Eigenvector

If anybody cares, just thought I'd relay what was the eventual outcome. I called up a large plumbing firm and they were so nice to come out the same day. I took to heart what others said about a dirty house and cleaned up and added some aroma therapy and had a drink ready. While waiting for the new plumber I called Lowes. The contract manager told me the person they sent was not authorized to do the "rough plumbing" that was needed. The new plumber came in and talked me out of replacing the old toilet and just refurbished the old one and did put in the new pipe. Out come is I have a toilet that is not low flush, I saved a heap of money and Lowes gets nothing except one less customer in the future.

Reply to
BeaForoni