What is typical overhang of wood threshold over riser?

I'm in the process of replacing a wood threshold and was wondering if there was a standard overhang measurement for over the riser board? 1/2" looks about right but I didn't know.
Any know the specs? Thanks.
On Apr 5, 4:52pm, snipped-for-privacy@fdcx.net wrote:

For an uncarpeted staircase, the tread overhang is typically the same as the thickness of the tread.
Seems like it should be the same for a threshold.
What is the overhang of the threshold you are replacing...and why wouldn't you duplicate it?