What is this wire? 14/3 ST M/E

I have a bunch of wire/cable that is black, flexibme and says:
14/3 ST M/E
I understand that it is 3 wire 14 gauge cable, but what does the rest mean? thanks
223/172.3/180

checkout http://www.mcmaster.com/ catalog page 718
I believe ST meana hte cover is a thermoplastic but the M/E has me stumped.
cheers Bob
ST indicates that it is plastic jacketed, heavy duty, rated for 600 volts. M/E might indicate that it is approved for use in mines or for use with machinery. This is a portable cord and is not to be used for permanent installations.

Thank you John!