What is this wire? 14/3 ST M/E

14/3 ST M/E

I understand that it is 3 wire 14 gauge cable, but what does the rest mean? thanks

Ignoramus14233

checkout

catalog page 718

I believe ST meana hte cover is a thermoplastic but the M/E has me stumped.

cheers Bob

Reply to
Bob K 207

ST indicates that it is plastic jacketed, heavy duty, rated for 600 volts. M/E might indicate that it is approved for use in mines or for use with machinery. This is a portable cord and is not to be used for permanent installations.

John Grabowski

John Grabowski

Thank you John!

Ignoramus14233