What is this tool (found in someone's personal belongings)

Someone recently passed away who left me his tools. I found the following in the set of tools he left me.

Question is: What is it and what is it for?

Reply to
Danny D.

It is a wrench for removing and replacing watch backs.

Reply to
clare

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

Do you know anything about this machete & knife?

A closeup on the machete shows it is stamped: US LEGITIMUS COLLINS CO 1942

Here is a closeup of the stamping above on the machete:

Danny D.

Those are used for cutting stuff.

Reply to
Metspitzer

The Machette is a US military issue - high quality unit. Often used by guys like the army corps of engineers to clear underbrush for surveying.

Reply to
clare

I'll check that out.

I know how to use a sharpening stone on a small blade - but how do you sharpen something as long as a machete?

Reply to
Danny D.

Same concept, but use a flat file. Grinder tends to heat the edge, and you lose the temper.

.

I know how to use a sharpening stone on a small blade - but how do you sharpen something as long as a machete?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon